What book/book series would you like to see made into a TV show?

Dioltach

Legend
A decent Rome/Game of Throne-style televisation of Celtic mythology would be good. The Mabinogi, Cu Chulainn, Balor of the Evil Eye ....

carrot

Explorer
Ooo - so many to choose from:

I agree with most of what has gone before, but mostly:
Wheel of time would be awesome, although they would have to savagely edit it... 2/3 of the books are pretty dull.
I think Eberron would make for a good series - there are a number of novels that I would love to see (if done with a Game-of-Thrones sized budget!)
The Ben Aaronovitch "rivers of London" series would be quite entertaining
Benedict Jackta's Chosen series
And Michael J Sullivan's Riyria Chronicles would be epic!

horacethegrey

First Post
The Witcher series by Andrzej Sapkowski. Now I know there was a tv series in it's native Poland but everyone agrees it was crap so I think a redo is in order. And it would find the perfect home on American Cable. Maybe HBO (because Game of Thrones, duh :p ), AMC, Showtime or some other channel could do it.

And honestly there's no better time for it, what with the series popularity worldwide at an all time high with the success of CDProjekt Red's The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PC and consoles. How could it not be the perfect time to cash in on the adventures of Geralt of Rivia?

witcher3_en_wallpaper_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_geralt_with_trophies_1920x1080_1449484678.jpg

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
A decent Rome/Game of Throne-style televisation of Celtic mythology would be good. The Mabinogi, Cu Chulainn, Balor of the Evil Eye ....

There's likely enough material on Cu Chulainn to support a TV show. That could be interesting, if done in a period correct manner; not with everyone wandering around in dirt coloured clothes or black leather.

Sanderson's Mistborn series could work well as a TV show. A good variety (though not too many) of interesting characters, minimal CGI required, and characters arcs and plots that would work well from season to season.

Remove ads