What did you do with your 3.0 PHB/DMG/MM when you updated to 3.5?

What did you do with your 3.0 PHB/DMG/MM when you updated to 3.5?

• Traded 'em in

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Sold 'em

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • Kept 'em for sentimental reasons ("3.0 . . . those were the days")

Votes: 126 44.2%
  • Prop up the crooked gaming table with 'em

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • Never updated to 3.5; I still play 3.0!

Votes: 53 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 53 18.6%

dead

Explorer
Wow! Eleven votes so far for "Proping up the crooked gaming table".

Have you guys considered using a piece of wood or something? :lol:

VirtualWizard

Explorer
I still run a 3.0 campaign. I wanted to switch, but the players were reluctant to shell out the bucks for the new version. However, I do play in several 3.5 campaigns. This makes for an interesting situation regarding spells :p

Fester

First Post
Like so many of the other replies, I voted other, as they went straight into my library - an option missed off the poll!

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Kept em, but nothing 'sentimental' about them.

The PHB is dissintegrating, so it isn't sellable or tradeable.

All three are sitting in the storage room as we speak, propped up between Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness and Cyborg Commando. (on the shelf below Megatraveller and the shelf above Knights, Berzerkers, And Legerdemain).

I'm a collector. I can't let RPGs go.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
I managed to get the 3.5 boxed set for around 3 dollars, so I upgraded.
However, I don't take them with me to games. It's amazing how much wear and tear you can put on books just by transporting them. So until I fashion some sort of armor for my boxed set, I won't be taking it anywhere.
Not only that, but the people in my group can be real monkeys when it comes to knowing how to treat other people's things. They do stuff with other people's books that I couldn't imagine doing.
So I don't let other people look at my books, not for a second; which I get a bad rap for, but hey, 1) I'm not made of money and these books ain't cheap 2) I am extremely particular about keeping my books in perfect condition.
Our regular DM's younger brother is running a campaign now and doesn't have his own books. He asked to look at my PHB, and I relented (for once). Not two minutes later he spilled his pop and some of it splashed onto my book. Yay, sticky!
You can promise to be careful with a book, but NO ONE can promise that "Nothing will happen", unless they're God or Neo or some crap; in that case, they can promise away.

So, basically I use the 3.5 books as reference material when I'm at home and take the 3.0 books with me to other people's houses.

Dagda

Explorer
I did the noble thing and bequeathed them to my son.

I use the 3.5 books and so does he when we game together, but when he and his friends run mini games in his room, he's got a set of 3.0 books to use.

Raven Crowking

First Post
I'm another vote for "still playing 3.0." Yeah, you have to make up a few house rules (in my case, a lot, but then I love to tinker), but there was really very little in 3.5 that fixed the problems I had house-ruled. Meanwhile, they added a few new problems that 3.0 didn't have. Switching would have expanded my already prodigious houserules considerably.

RC

Remove ads