What did you do with your 3.0 PHB/DMG/MM when you updated to 3.5?

What did you do with your 3.0 PHB/DMG/MM when you updated to 3.5?

• Traded 'em in

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Sold 'em

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • Kept 'em for sentimental reasons ("3.0 . . . those were the days")

Votes: 126 44.2%
  • Prop up the crooked gaming table with 'em

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • Never updated to 3.5; I still play 3.0!

Votes: 53 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 53 18.6%

Wombat

First Post
The changes between 3.0 and 3.5 were not really worth the price of changing out perfectly useable books. I downloaded the revised SRD, but I still stick with 3.Wombat, a version much closer to my heart.

I mean, why pay for someone else's vision of house rules when I have my own?

pogre

Legend
SOLD!

My gaming group sometimes teases me about how quickly I sell stuff. I have a general rule: If I have not used it in a year it gets sold. The downside is I have purchased a few games multiple times! :lol:

Etan Moonstar

First Post
Chalk up another vote for the personal library....my 3.0 books (including 2 PHBs, mine and my wife's) are on the shelf next to the 2E, 1E, BD&D, etc.

Dark Dragon

Explorer
I gave the PHB and DMG to a beginner in a new group when 3.5 was in the shops. It helped at least for a basic understanding of the game (I hope so). ;)

Still have the 3.0 MM, though.

Treebore

First Post
I should have selected "other" since I am 3.15, actually probably closer to 3.35. Either way I use both versions, because I kept most of the spells 3.0 and kept several "optional" rules from 3.0.

Tetsubo

First Post
I voted Other.

I donated mine to an 11 year old boy that my fiance and I know. I didn't need them any longer and I did need the shelf space. Maybe I can help to start another generation of gamers. :)

Remove ads