• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What did you do with your 3.0 PHB/DMG/MM when you updated to 3.5?

What did you do with your 3.0 PHB/DMG/MM when you updated to 3.5?

• Traded 'em in

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Sold 'em

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • Kept 'em for sentimental reasons ("3.0 . . . those were the days")

Votes: 126 44.2%
  • Prop up the crooked gaming table with 'em

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • Never updated to 3.5; I still play 3.0!

Votes: 53 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 53 18.6%

Wombat

First Post
The changes between 3.0 and 3.5 were not really worth the price of changing out perfectly useable books. I downloaded the revised SRD, but I still stick with 3.Wombat, a version much closer to my heart.

I mean, why pay for someone else's vision of house rules when I have my own?

pogre

Legend
SOLD!

My gaming group sometimes teases me about how quickly I sell stuff. I have a general rule: If I have not used it in a year it gets sold. The downside is I have purchased a few games multiple times! :lol:

Etan Moonstar

First Post
Chalk up another vote for the personal library....my 3.0 books (including 2 PHBs, mine and my wife's) are on the shelf next to the 2E, 1E, BD&D, etc.

Dark Dragon

Explorer
I gave the PHB and DMG to a beginner in a new group when 3.5 was in the shops. It helped at least for a basic understanding of the game (I hope so). ;)

Still have the 3.0 MM, though.

Treebore

First Post
I should have selected "other" since I am 3.15, actually probably closer to 3.35. Either way I use both versions, because I kept most of the spells 3.0 and kept several "optional" rules from 3.0.

Tetsubo

First Post
I voted Other.

I donated mine to an 11 year old boy that my fiance and I know. I didn't need them any longer and I did need the shelf space. Maybe I can help to start another generation of gamers. :)

Remove ads