What do you use for a character sheet?

What do you use for a character sheet?

• Photocopies/printouts of the sheet in the PHB.

Votes: 41 15.1%
  • One of the alternate character sheets WotC has one their site.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • The sheets from one of the Deluxe Character sheet packs (or copies of them).

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • A character sheet I downloaded from the internet.

Votes: 113 41.7%
  • A character sheet I designed and printed out.

Votes: 76 28.0%
  • The output of a character generator program (etools, PCGen, etc).

Votes: 54 19.9%
  • A normal sheet of paper.

Votes: 52 19.2%
  • Other (please describe).

Votes: 24 8.9%

Henry

Autoexreginated
I've used a variety of ways; I change it as often as my characters change. :)

For the most part I'll use either PCGen, or Mad Irishman, or a character sheet of my own design I crafted about a year ago to go with gamedays. It's simplified, and only gives character info on what the PC needs to know during gameplay.

I've rarely used WotC sheets, because in my opinion they seem so both cluttered and lifeless (all lines and boxes, very little aesthetic at all.) It's probably because they DO make room for so many things, unlike my preferences.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I checked everything I've used, but my fav is Mad Irishman

For exotic games or heavily house ruled games I make my own, got good at it when I was making new sheets each month for poly games.

sjmiller

Explorer
For the game I play in I use a character sheet I designed for OD&D. The players in my two games use the 3.0 character sheet from WotC (I think I downloaded it) or a printout from eTools, or a printout from Timpani. They all work okay, I guess. If I were to play in a 3.0 game I would most likely design a custom sheet for my character. Heck, I have been doing something like that, first with pen and paper then with computers, since I started playing.

ShadeMoon64

First Post
Li Shenron said:
I use EMA's character sheets from the internet, because they have lists of all spells in a nice class-by-class format. They are a bit redundant in the feats section, but overall they are the best sheets I've seen so far.
I'm a big fan of EMA's also. in particular I like the fact that his sheets are updated with the new classes and spells from WOTC as the books are released. His home page is:
http://www.emass-web.com/

Pasus Nauran

First Post
sjmiller said:
Oh, and I have a followup question. I see people mention they use EMA's sheet. What is that? I have not heard of it.

Ema's sheet are very nice. Of all the user-created sheets out there, (besides my own) I'd have to recommend both Mad Irishman's and Ema's. IMO, PDFs are the way to go. They're all well designed, easy to read, and provide ample information.

ForceUser

Explorer
I used to like these big complicated character sheets that used a ton of ink, but now I enjoy just using a Word document with my character laid out in the DMG II stat block format and paired with an image of my PC. Simple, clean, elegant.

Altalazar

First Post
I use Ema's, which I download from his site, and which I think is far and away the best one out there. He keeps it constantly updated, which is also nice.

Remove ads