What is/are your most recent TTRPG purchase(s)?

Ulfgeir

Hero
My latest purchase is this Swedish rpg:

1710801950781.png

The text says the following:

Roleplaying Game
Entertainment for 2+ persons.
44 pages

The text in the logo, which is supposed to be reminiscient of the formerly govermentally owned telephone monopoly, can best be described as meaning:
The Department of Roleplaying

--
A bit of context:

The game is BRP-based, since the first Swedish rpg was BRP-based. Thus all true roleplaying games has to be BRP-based.

It has no interior art whatsoever. And this is intentional. Back in the 70's and 80's we basically had 2 larger chains of foodstores here in Sweden. ICA (each store was privately owned but they coopeated to be able to buy stuff from a central organization), and COOP (cooperatively owned stores, who had their own products that had the typical basic bland look as above with blue text on white background. The idea was that all the goods would be cheaper if they didn't have to spend money on creating images for any packaging, and absolutely no marketing. And the products themselves were the most basic bland stuff you could get, and they were all named in a way that described exactly what it was, like "Chocolate", "Coffee", or "Pasta". Nowadays they have sklipped this, and gone for normal products, and their prices has increased a lot, and they are usually more expensive than the stuff from ICA. ICA has also started making their own line of brands of stuff now which are cheaper products... Oh, the irony.)

Now, this is also supposed to be the kind of of dry stuff that a govermental department puts out. In this case on what a roleplaying game is and wiht regulations on how it is supposed to be played. In the back the bok you even have a form, where you can apply to become a licenced GM (if you meet certain requirements).

Needless to say, this game and the fictitious Department of Roleplaying started as a running gag at a Swedish rpg-forum and discord channel. Is it playable? Kind of. You do have simple rules, but you have to create your own setting and adventures. Of course, you need to be a licenced GM to be allowed to do that... ;)

Last edited:

HorusZA

Explorer
Both the Lustria (for WHFRP) and new Arkham (for Coc) books arrived in sunny South Africa yesterday. Amazon actually did a good job with packaging this time around... so often they just chuck the books into a way-too-large box along with some crumpled brown paper and call it a day.

Love the Lustria book. Cubicle 7 does a great job with covering things in WHFRP that previous editions didn't. Presentation, art, writing and content are top-notch. As someone else has said, some adventures (even if PDF only) would be nice.

Even though I have a copy of the old Arkham Unveiled, the new edition is worth every penny. Sure, we lost the adventures but gained a lot in other areas: I especially love the included fold-out maps and Arkham Gazette newspaper. Chaosium has really been knocking out their CoC releases out the park.

Weiley31

Legend
View attachment 352257

I couldn't help myself. Looking forward to this one arriving. It combines all of my greatest loves: Terrifying biblically accurate angels, JRPGs and Nihilism.
The Death Variant cover is the BEST one and I always loved how THAT particular piece of official art showcased SMT: Nocturne as "You vs Revelations: The Game."

Gotta pre-order that cover variant when I get the chance.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
It has no interior art whatsoever. And this is intentional. Back in the 70's and 80's we basically had 2 larger chains of foodstores here in Sweden. ICA (each store was privately owned but they coopeated to be able to buy stuff from a central organization), and COOP (copperatively owned stores, who had their own products that had the typical basic bland look as above wiht blue text on white background. The idea was that all the goods would be cheaper if they didn't have to spend money on creating images for any packaging, and absolutely no marketing. And the products themselves were the most basic bland stuff you could get, and they were all named in a way that described exactly what it was, like "Chocolate", "Coffee", or "Pasta". Nowadyas they have sklipped this, and gone for normal products, and their prices has increased a lot, and they are usually more expensive than the stuff from ICA. ICA has also started making their own line of brands of stuff now which are cheaper products... Oh, the irony.)
theylivegroceries.png

@eyeheartawk Shin Tegami looks interesting. Can you give a brief overview of what the system is like?
Apparently it's a D100 style RPG. Not directly BRP based. Beyond that I don't know much. Its page doesn't offer much in way of mechanical detail. I was hoping that when I paid for the pre-order I would get the PDF right away, so I could take a look right away. Apparently that is not the case unfortunately.

In other news I was awoken from a not at all earned nap with this at my door. Blessed and Blasphemous is Sons of the Singularity new Kickstarter that's delivering now about WWII era North Africa. I also backed their previous CoC Kickstarter about French Indochina. I was missing their first campaign, The Sassoon Files about 1920s China, but I managed to snag one of the last print copies as a add-on to the campaign.

20240318_170636[1].jpg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Just purchased Notorious, as this time of year is historically when I get the hankering to do some solo RPG play. (Coming out of seasonal depression gets my brain all fired up.) I think I'll start with (finally) using Bucket of Bolts as a prelude to introduce the ship before running adventures of the bounty hunter. I'll post it all here on ENWorld when I get rolling.

Remove ads