D&D General What is two weapon fighting good for?

Olrox17

Hero
I'm reminded of the battle in one of the latter seasons of Game of Thrones, where several knights faced off against one legendary badass with two swords. Intimidating as all get out!
Great fight scene, that one. Also a good example of a TWFing combatant fending off opponents from multiple sides thanks to having two weapons!

I'm reminded of the battle in one of the latter seasons of Game of Thrones, where several knights faced off against one legendary badass with two swords. Intimidating as all get out!
I think I saw this scene a couple years ago on YouTube. But all of the swords had been carefully replaced with lightsabers. ;)

Vaalingrade

Legend
Yeah, the more I think and talk about it, the more realize I really dislike the aesthetic of two weapon fighters flailing, swinging, or stabbing with both of their swords at the same time, in the same direction. I just can't help but picture it as a ridiculous thing. You'd always be better off two handing a weapon, power-wise and posture-wise.
But what about the player who really likes the aesthetic of becoming an elegant dance of flashing steel death?

GMMichael

Guide of Modos

In case you missed it.

O. M. G. Just tell me what to search for on Youtube!

But what about the player who really likes the aesthetic of becoming an elegant dance of flashing steel death?
That player can do all the elegant dancing he\she wants. No combat required. No bonus damage required, either.

Remove ads