What is your gaming white whale?

Reynard

Legend
What is the game that you really want to play or run that you haven't had the opportunity? What convention or event do you desperately want to get to at least once? What campaign has eluded you thus far? What character idea have you never quite been able to bring to life?

Reynard

Legend
I want to run victorian - modern dnd game with full on fantasy, gods, outsiders and technology. DND 1990....
I ran two long D&D campaigns (2E then 3E) that were sequels with the PCs in the second being descendents of those in the first. After the 2nd ended, we had a real life time gap due to distance and life events (kids etc) and when we picked it back up we moved forward to the modern world. We ran it as a supers game, using Mutants and Masterminds, but it was the D&D world and all the supers inspirations were D&Disms and things that had happened in the previous campaigns.

I want to play in Palladium Fantasy 1st edition Revised, with all the world books. It's such a detailed world, the division of classes makes sense (might vs magic), and it also seems to be far less dungeon-focused. Buy-in, though? My DM would probably run it, but don't know if anyone but me would play.

nevin

Hero
I only played a few times but I was a great system. The getting anyone but me to play problem seems to be a symptom of DND popularity. Once upon a time I could get people to do other things even if only occasionally now they all just want to DND like matt mercer...../sad

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I want to be in a good superhero game that's just as much about the team drama as it is about bashing baddies. Back in the 80s and 90s I played a lot of Champions (now Hero System), but no one in my gaming groups seems to want to run supers. I am running Masks: A New Generation and loving it, even though ruleset wise you can't get further from Champions, but I want to actually play.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
It was Battletech and War for the Crown PF1 (last AP I had left to play in.) Though, im doing them both now so I guess I gotta rethink this.

I've had an idea in my head for a while to run a old World of Darkness campaign, where the players can pick from any of the original Storyteller books. Balance would probably go out the window, but for a short mini-campaign, I'm not so concerned.

Remove ads