What would you spend $5,000 on?

ichabod

Legned
Say you got $5,000 to spend. And say you got more than that, and you already took care of any savings, investment, or charity concerns you need to take care of. You have $5,000 to spend on fun stuff. What would you buy?

Say you got $5,000 to spend. And say you got more than that, and you already took care of any savings, investment, or charity concerns you need to take care of. You have $5,000 to spend on fun stuff. What would you buy?

Assuming my debts are already payed for? A religious pilgrimage to Greece, Rome, and Egypt to visit the ancient temples snd sacred sites.

aco175

Legend
I would like to take my wife to Ireland. I went 25 years ago and loved it but she would likely want to go someplace warm. A bucket list would be Australia/NZ, but I think I need a month vacation for that one. I would also need to finagle my golf clubs somewhere as well.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Redoing my game room to increase storage and convenience (and have better lighting) and/or a nice weekend trip for me and my wife (since she likes to travel and I not that into it, it would be a nice surprise for her).

Yora

Legend
I do happen to have 5000€ saved up and first thing I'm going to do after the move is splurging on new furniture.

I expect most of it being left over after that, and I think I could grab deep into the pocket for a new stereo. The other is still good, but it's going on 20 years old now and it was fairly cheap even back then. This is something where I think an upgrade will make a real noticeable difference that I'll get to enjoy every day.

After that, I'm out of ideas now.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Right now, unless you count it as part of my free "boring" spending, I'd spend it on repairing/replacing my (high end) office (gaming) computer. It's been down for weeks and... no work and no play makes me a human hand grenade. More than usual. Replace my laptop that broke at the same time.

But five grand, right now, nothing practical? Complete my Pathfinder and Starfinder collections, my Palladium collection, Earthdawn, Rokugan d20, start and finish my Sine Nomine set. Back ACKS II to the hilt.

Custom leather wheelchair accessories-- a white backpack and pink armrest bags, with brass fittings, large rugged compartments and padding. A lap blanket.

Clothing. Recently found a manufacturer of kilts in tartan colors I enjoy. More 80s-90s nostalgia novelty tees featuring the usual suspects: Mario etc, TMNT, He-Man etc, Marvel. A much nicer CC vest than the one I own, holster setups. Could use some more guns.

Take my daughter to the Melting Pot in Fort Collins. Take my whole family to Rodizios. Couple times, maybe.

Spend the rest of it at Steam and DTRPG.

Vacation, absolutely. But where? I want to go back to the Orkney Islands, but there are so many places I haven't been to see.

A small portion of that money would also go into buying a Fortress of Fangs playset.

Remove ads