• Nentir Vale/PoL

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Gamma World

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Something I Forgot

Votes: 21 17.6%

Zardnaar

Legend
While I stand by my vote, I think it’s also worth noting that the setting is probably one of the least important factors in determining if the show will be any good. A great story in Oerth is far better than a generic teen drama in Eberron or Krynn.

Yup no setting has an inherent advantage for a good story.

I like Spelljammer but live action rock of bral could be very silly.

I don't like Ravenloft but vampires have crossover appeal.

They could easily balls up any of them.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I think Eberron or Greyhawk would appeal for a fairly vanilla fantasy show- Eberron gives it a nice ‘modern’ twist.

I agree that Cerilia Birthright would be awesome, mostly human Politics but with the monstrous Gorgon and Swordhawk threatening the fragile house of cards.

Spelljammer would be an interesting sci fi experience

Voadam

Legend
Well there's not much in it that isn't in Game of Thrones or Mad Max.
Are you suggesting Mad Max is a better fit for the Greyhawk/Forgotten Realms/4e underdark where there are matriarchies of dark skinned chain mail wearing hand crossbow wielders?

I can see an argument that way.

1690171067274.png

Zardnaar

Legend
Are you suggesting Mad Max is a better fit for the Greyhawk/Forgotten Realms/4e underdark where there are matriarchies of dark skinned chain mail wearing hand crossbow wielders?

I can see an argument that way.

View attachment 290828

Not really but different format an you can get away with more due to rating system.

Darksun could be anywhere from PG to R18 (M to R18 here) depending on how it's done.

Dark Sun would be right with a +13y. The question would be if it would be a retelling of Pentand Prism saga. And if the Vecna event is going to reset the D&D multiverse then the Athasian Tablelands could be one of the most changed setting. Maybe WotC has to choose the possible changes for the 5e Ed, for example if monks are possible in Athas, or Sorcerer and Warlocks but with divine or primal magic instead arcane. And the paladins? Or the PC species. How would be the Athaspace? Or the biopunk wetare, the lifeshape craft.

I don't say "no never" but "no yet, maybe later in the future".

* How would be an AMV of Alan Walker music and Dragonlance? It would be new animation scenes, not reusing the cartoon movie. Or a collab D&D and Imagine Dragons.

* If I was Paramount my strategy would be family-friendly cartoons and miniseries.

If the collab between Hasbro and LEGO continues, then maybe this would wanted LEGO Spelljammer, and here a LEGO Spelljammer cartoon would be the ultimate parody if all sci-fi franchises.

* Are there monks in Cerilia/Birthing? No, nothing, I was only asking. I felt curiosity.

* Now I am thinking about a D&D world based in literary works. In the ancient dawn war of gods against the primal powers somebody wanted to be neutral, or hide to avoid reprisals. Then the ultimate hideaway was a new (demi)plane, the land of the legends. The rest cosmic powers would rather to prefer not to set foot there, at least directly. This would allow souls fromo Kamiagawa who have readen the legends of Dragonlance (believing they are only fiction) being reincarnated again in Krynn (not the original Krynnspace but a "clone wildspace" based in the legends of Dragolance).

Remove ads