Which is your favorite on-screen Star Trek captain?

Which is your favorite on-screen Star Trek captain?

• Willard Decker (U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Harriman, Jr. (U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-B)

• Edward Jellico (U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Picard, no question.

The others varied with Sisko followed by Kirk being tied for second. But without a doubt, the best at being an everyman captain and yet so grand without being haughty, goes to Picard.

The man could do no wrong in my eyes. He was always more human but never superhuman. He was/is my ideal for a captain.

Sisko though made the Space Station commander thing, even more than the B5 guys.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Goodsport said:
Unfortunately, I couldn't find the name of the captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-J, so that's why his/her name wasn't included in the poll. :(
The captain is an Arborean, an asexual plant-like species, kinda like a mini-Ent. ;)

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Elf Witch said:
I voted for Janeway because I liked the way she played a gusty female leader without having to give up her femininity. I felt that she really cared about her crew and was willing to go through hell to get them home.

Except when it violated the Prime Directive (or some much lesser and more ambivilant directive since she later does violate it in ways even Kirk didn't dream up).

I would have voted Janeway as the worst captain simply because her wishy-washy attitudes towards what they can and can't do under her interpretation of Federation law really got under my skin. Even sticking the Borg in the show couldn't save it for me (very similar to what the first 2 seasons of Enterprise became).

James Kirk is still my favourite (exaggerations of his acting style notwithstanding) with Jean-Luc Picard a close second.

I am surprised as how many votes Ben Sisko has garnered. I never watched much Deep Space 9 though.

Andre

First Post
Psychic Warrior said:
I am surprised as how many votes Ben Sisko has garnered. I never watched much Deep Space 9 though.

Maybe that's why you're surprised. ;)

Seriously, Deep Space Nine was very well written, had a great ensemble cast, and excellent story arcs that covered whole seasons. Sisko was Picard with the gloves off. The episode where he and Garak tricked the Romulans into the war with the Dominion was unbelievable.

Picard was great, but I have to go with Sisko.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Mark said:
No "Geordi LaForge, Captain of the USS Challenger"?

Wasn't that from the future vision in "All good Things..."? If it was I thought they had changed the future by their knowledge of it and not letting certain things happen (like Worf & Deanna getting hitched).

Remove ads