Which team will win Super Bowl XLI?

Which team will win Super Bowl XLI?

• Poll closed .

sydbar

Explorer
It should be a good game, but as long as Rex Grossman doesn't totally screw up, the bears should win barely. I am a Packers fan, but i have to want the bears to win, since Brian Urlacher is a New Mexico Lobo.

kenobi65

First Post
drothgery said:
Of course, there's also
- Yards: Indy #3 (329); Chicago #15 (324)
but oddly...

That's because the Bears scored 6 TDs on special teams (Devin Hester), and the defense scored a fair number of TDs, as well (on interception and fumble returns).

Seonaid

Explorer
I'm thinkin' it'll be the Bears. AFC is definitely much better than NFC, but with the one-and-done elimination of the playoffs, that doesn't mean much in the end. Special teams will be important, as will defense. If the Bears (*cough*Grossman*cough*) can hold it together, they'll have it. I bet it'll be a close game, which is always good, but it'll be the Bears in the end.

takyris

First Post
I like the Bears, but they have zero chance here. The much-praised Bears defense didn't look so hot against teams with winning records this year, and it's only looked good in recent weeks because they were playing NFC teams -- Seattle was only in the playoffs because of a weak division (and I'm a Seattle fan), and the Saints rolled over and died in the second half.

The Colts roll all over the Bears. Early blitzes to throw off Grossman, then stack the defense against the run once Grossman is flustered and the run is all the Bears have. On offense, the Colts play to their strengths and put up 30 points easily.

(And again -- I like the Bears. I'm rooting for the Bears. But that's how I'd do it if I were with the Colts.)

Gulla

Adventurer
Goodsport said:
The bottom symbol, of cource. The other one is no bowl at all...

Håkon

Being lasy (noth bothering to look up the symbols) and living in a country where football is played with your feet and the coverage of the Lingerie Bowl (is that the name of the scantly clad ladies entertaing at halftime?) and comercials is more extensive than coverage of the main (?) event...

Seonaid

Explorer
Gulla said:
[C]overage of the Lingerie Bowl (is that the name of the scantly clad ladies entertaing at halftime?) and comercials is more extensive than coverage of the main (?) event...
Oh, you must be from the United States! ;)

DonTadow

First Post
I"m a big fan of the phrase defense when's championships, but you need to have some type of viable offense to go along with it, which Chicago does not have. So i'm picking INdy.

Their defense has come alive in the playoffs. They held the run-crazy Patriots to 97 yards running and kept Brady on his toes most of the day. After watching their last four games, I"m going to agree with analysis andsay that indy's defense had some problems early in the season and got board later on. Now they are revived.

Chicago has a great defense, but they have some holes in their secondary that I expect Peyton to violate.

Remove ads