Which team will win Super Bowl XLII?

Which team will win Super Bowl XLII?

• Poll closed .

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
Tom Brady was average at best. I think he and the Patriots believed the hype and the Giants befuddled him all night. I am no Giants fan in the least, but give credit where credit is due -- they won flat out. Only the second time in Super Bowl history that a wild card team won.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
GlassJaw said:
The question is who will win, not who you want to win. As well as the Giants have played, picking again the Pats is not very wise.

So how's that working out for you? ;)

Okay, I'm done gloating now. :) Pats played a great game and had an awesome season - congratulations to them too!

Jaws

First Post
Rl'Halsinor said:
Only the second time in Super Bowl history that a wild card team won.
You should check your facts before you post. They are the fifth.

They are the second team to win three straight road games to advance to the Super Bowl and win it.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Krug

Newshound
Ranger REG said:
You better ask for a refund from EA. :p

Heh I just read that was the prediction by Madden 08. Congrats to the Giants. They were the better or more blessed team. That crazy throw by Manning was just insane, and the Patriots finally get punished for keeping it close.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
No, the Giants won because the Patriots couldn't cheat. They held their practice in secret, where they couldn't be taped.

Sweet, sweet justice!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
trancejeremy said:
No, the Giants won because the Patriots couldn't cheat. They held their practice in secret, where they couldn't be taped.

Sweet, sweet justice!
No. Or how do you describe the rest of the season, pray tell?

Felix

Explorer
Piratecat said:
No. Or how do you describe the rest of the season, pray tell?
How would one describe it?

Meaningless. ;)

Hee-hee. Sorry, but I had a Chowdah-head for a roommate in college, and I have never been happier to see a team from Boston lose. That the Giants deserved the hell out of that win, and it brings another Lombardi trophy to my Redskins' NFC East, only makes it better.

drothgery

First Post
jaerdaph said:
So how's that working out for you? ;)

This is the NFL, and the run of blowout Super Bowls is long gone. No team that makes it to the Super Bowl is incapable of winning. But the safer bet was on the Pats. That the Giants won doesn't change what the rational pick was going into the game.

Remove ads