Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, OOC01

Leif

Adventurer
FreeXenon said:
I am thinking that pretty much through a mesh network of trading that everyone will eventually have everyone elses spells. If there is just one popular person in the group that everyone trades with then that person will have collected all of the spells that everyone has, and since that person trades with everyone, then everyone will have everyone elses spells.

We can save time by just skipping the intermediate steps since we already know the basic outcome - everyone will have access to everyones spells.
Well, we may have one more coming who wasn't on the original list. I inadvertently snubbed him in the recruiting, so I'm trying to make nice now. Had trouble getting a message to him, but think I finally got an IM to him on Yahoo. Anyway, let's wait until the party is finally settled for sure. And whoever has the BEST spells may decide that he doesn't want ANY of you slackers to have his spells! :p That being said, I just KNOW that somebody wants to trade with the gnome, riiiiiight?? You do remember your DM's soft spot for gnomes, don't you? hehehehe

Scotley

Hero
I already noted that Tylara's thirst for knowledge would motivate her to trade with anyone who is willing to share. She even speaks Gnomish! She hasn't snubbed the little guy yet has she?

Since we aren't trading yet...I had one spell that I really intended to put on Tylara's list--Ice Knife from Spell Compendium. I'm thinking she has a thing for frost related spells and is a Conjuration. Any chance I can make that swap even though I've already posted my character?

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
If you want I could have purchased scroll of it and just happen to have added it to my spell book. :)

Leif

Adventurer
Tylara

Yeah you can make the switch, or you can let your boyfriend, Durgeon, get it for you. ;)

And you can trade with those who are playing so far. I just said that you couldn't go through the Rogue's Gallery and pick out whatever you wanted from the other character's spell lists without at least asking that character first. At least, that's how I understood Durgeon's request.

FreeXenon

LOL! :lol:
That spell would stand out in my spell book, since I avoid all of those touch and ranged touch spells. I have no Dex or BAB to speak of. AoE is what I prefer. :)

Leif

Adventurer
FreeXenon said:
LOL! :lol:
That spell would stand out in my spell book, since I avoid all of those touch and ranged touch spells. I have no Dex or BAB to speak of. AoE is what I prefer. :)
You will find, sir, that being so quick on the post may make you miss things from me, sooner or later. I have an extremely annoying habit of posting, and THEN thinking, and deciding that I should have said more, or less, or something different, and then going back and editing the post. Just be careful, that's all. ;)

FreeXenon

Leif said:
I have an extremely annoying habit of posting, and THEN thinking, and deciding that I should have said more, or less, or something different, and then going back and editing the post.
I do the same thing. :)

Scotley

Hero
Not me, I always get it right the first time. Well okay, I usually get it right the first time. Well, sometimes I need to go back and change. No maybe occationally is a better word. I really...Um what were we talking about?

Screw it, me too!

I'll make the change to Ice Knife, I wouldn't want Durgeon to have to go against his principles. Of course the good thing about Ice knife is if you miss you still get an area burst.

FreeXenon

Whew! That works.

Voda Vosa: Your character sheet has your wizard level at 2 and your HP for 1rst level, and your skill points for 2nd level.

... or something like that. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads