Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, OOC01

Leif

Adventurer
Voda Vosa

FreeXenon said:
Voda Vosa: Your character sheet has your wizard level at 2 and your HP for 1rst level, and your skill points for 2nd level.
... or something like that. :)
Also, there's an error on your spell list. You have ONE spell called "Protection From Alignment." There is no such spell. Rather, there are FOUR SEPARATE spells: Protection from Good/Evil/Law/Chaos. So if you only want to devote one of your limited spellbook pages to the spell,then you have to choose which version you want. Or, you can take all four spells, if you have enough spell choices available. You should be able to find someone to trade with you now. I SPOKE to Grumblebelly about his attitude! :p hehehe

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley said:
Not me, I always get it right the first time. Well okay, I usually get it right the first time. Well, sometimes I need to go back and change. No maybe occationally is a better word. I really...Um what were we talking about?
Screw it, me too!
I'll make the change to Ice Knife, I wouldn't want Durgeon to have to go against his principles. Of course the good thing about Ice knife is if you miss you still get an area burst.
Yeah, and the area burst may actually do you some good, provided you don't horribly overshoot your intended target (or horribly undershoot and burst on your friends).

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Attitude? What attitude? You Low down, dirty, PC kill'n thug! Grrr.... I show you attitude. :eek:
Did I say that out loud? :uhoh:

Leif

Adventurer
FreeXenon said:
Attitude? What attitude? You Low down, dirty, PC kill'n thug! Grrr.... I show you attitude. :eek:
Did I say that out loud? :uhoh:
Awww, what a sweet thing to say! "PC killin'," gosh, and I didn't get you anything. :D

Oh, and incidentally, I meant that Durgeon heard Tylara's voice AFTER he left the room and the door closed behind him. (Wouldn't make much sense for her to call him back before he leaves, now, would it? ;) )

Leif

Adventurer
We are officially down to one dwarf now. Pandak/Mowgli has withdrawn.

In other news, I have reviewed the monster manual stats for the Gray Elf (Tylara), and, yes, they really are as awesome as Tylara said that she was! :p I will allow Scotley to continue with Tylara in her present form, but in my judgment, a significant xp penalty is called for, until the other pcs are of equal power. Comments? Observations?

Ok, maybe I was wrong about this.

Last edited:

FreeXenon

Whoa! The only difference between the PHB Elf and thre Grey Elf is the addition of the -2 Str/+2 Int, especially give the 3E design considerations of Str having more weight. Since that more than balances a penalty should not be imposed.

Leif

Adventurer
FreeXenon said:
Whoa! The only difference between the PHB Elf and thre Grey Elf is the addition of the -2 Str/+2 Int, especially give the 3E design considerations of Str having more weight. Since that more than balances a penalty should not be imposed.
No, there are other differences: Gray elves of any class automatically get numerous proficiencies with martial weapons: longsword, rapier, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow. For a wizard, these proficiencies alone are worth FIVE feats! Plus, they get +2 racial bonuses on Listen, Search, and Spot, plus automatic checks to find secret/concealed doors, plus sleep/charm immunity and +2 racial bonus against any enchanment spells/effects.

FreeXenon

Standard PHB Elf

That is normal for every Elf straight from the PHB. :)
Have you taken a look at dwarves? :eek:
Not that I am trying to screw myself, here, but take a gander...

Last edited:

FreeXenon

Weapon Proficiencies

The weapon proficiencies don't mean quite so much because they do not have the skill to use them effectively, unless they take a martial class (and then they already get the proficiencies so they kind of go wasted).

I am pretty sure no one in their right mind is going to fear a wizard with a longsword, unless of course he is an Eldritch Knight. That would be a good reason to pause for quite a bit, other than that... :)

'Ooooh, scary a wizard with a sharp pointy thing.' :uhoh:

Remove ads