• Clooney

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Bale

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Batfleck

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Robert Battinson

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Wilson (Wikipedia says this was a thing?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lowery (also Wikipedia?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That kid in the Gotham show

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Some other obscure choice from like a cereal packet or something but it’s important dammit!

Votes: 4 5.0%

Clint_L

Hero
I've never liked the Batmobile as a concept. The movies and TV shows like it because it lets directors add car chases, but I've always thought it was cheesy, like Batman as Magnum PI.

Ryujin

Legend
I've never liked the Batmobile as a concept. The movies and TV shows like it because it lets directors add car chases, but I've always thought it was cheesy, like Batman as Magnum PI.
The Batmobile from 1943.
i080643.jpg

GreyLord

Legend
Not really. Voice acting and live action really are different disciplines, with different requirements - consider, for example, the huge physical transformation Affleck went through in order to play the role. Or, conversely, that Hamill is great as the Joker, but probably wouldn't work in live-action.

(Of course, I do also wonder to what extent the individual performance is separable from the material that it is in - Clooney is likely to come last in the poll, but is that because he was poor in the role, or because "Batman & Robin" was execrable?)

To the best of my recollection, no. Though it was only one short scene in a fairly long piece, so I may be misremembering.

Not so sure about that

I've always liked Keaton's take on Bruce Wayne, because of the scene where Bruce and Vicky have dinner at this absurdly long table. And then Bruce admits he's never been in this room in his life. Before retreating to an intimate tiny kitchen, where Alfred tells embarassing stories about his childhood.

This seems like a perfect depiction of Bruce Wayne to me. A kid growing up in this vast mansion that belonged to his parents, and never quite embracing it. He puts up a mask, pretending to be billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne, but the real Bruce are Batman and that Bruce in the kitchen.

I also really love that shot of him brooding in his chair in Batman Returns, until the batsignal lights up the room.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Pattison. Did not like any of the others, either as Batman or Bruce Wayne though I have a special sentimental spot for Adam West. 'The Batman' has so far been the only live action Batman I've liked, despite my problems with a few minor things. Add a good Robin and maybe I'll get a decent Batman movie before I die.

Orius

Legend
Keaton.

I got the 1989 movie on video when it was one of the first big home video releases that was priced affordably (remember when early videocassettes cost $80 or more?) I was hooked from the first scene when the audience is introduced to Batman:

So I'm watching the movie with the family and when Batman starts beating up the crooks, my mother said, "This Batman is mean!" Thirteen year old me is watching it and thinking, "This Batman is AWESOME!" I'd only seen the old TV show before this, and watching Batman beat the living crap out of those bad guys really impressed me.

Remove ads