• Dean Cain

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Tom Welling

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Tyler Hoechlin

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other thing that I forgot

Votes: 2 2.2%

They have a different interpretation to the one you prefer. Early Batman had a gun, Keaton killed people, Supes kills in the comics.

View attachment 346031

Y'know... it never clicked for me, until this conversation, the time that Supes takes in this scene before dealing with Zod. Even going through the pretend-surrender, taking the hand... this is some Snyder crap right here but with nostalgia and a heroic upswell, we forget this is Superman giving into baser instincts.

Ryujin

Legend
This whole movie... what could've been. I always love going back and listening to Kevin Smith tell this story on An Evening with Kevin Smith.

What could go wrong on a movie where the writing was being guided by a man who started out as Barbara Streisand's hairdresser? I think the three rules were: Superman can't fly in the movie. The suit had to go, because it was too... I won't use the slur Peters used, but it's the one you're probably now thinking of. And, third, Superman has to fight a spider in Act III. ... at least Smith changed it in the script to a Thanagarian Snare Beast.

It's worth noting, Peters did at least get his Act III spider fight in a movie: Wild Wild West.
It sounds like you might have already seen it but in case you haven't, there's a whole documentary about it. They even interview Peters. (I've got the DVD.)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Y'know... it never clicked for me, until this conversation, the time that Supes takes in this scene before dealing with Zod. Even going through the pretend-surrender, taking the hand... this is some Snyder crap right here but with nostalgia and a heroic upswell, we forget this is Superman giving into baser instincts.
Oh he tortures him then outright executes him.

Remove ads