• Clooney

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Bale

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Batfleck

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Robert Battinson

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Wilson (Wikipedia says this was a thing?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lowery (also Wikipedia?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That kid in the Gotham show

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Some other obscure choice from like a cereal packet or something but it’s important dammit!

Votes: 4 5.0%

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I like the variety honestly, so its hard to pick. I went Bale cause so far I liked the Nolan films best. Bottom of list is Kilmer and Clooney because I liked Bruckheimer films the least. I couldnt in good faith go with Battinson because I loved the atmosphere of the film, but I felt it had writing and character portrayal problems keeping it from being a great film. West was campy on purpose but it was aimed more for kids but he tookt he job with zeal. Speaking of Zeal I though Keaton brought plenty himself which makes him a very close runner up.

I'm going to say West, and here's my reasoning:
1) The goal is best Batman, not best Bruce Wayne or best transition between the two. Keaton masters the Bruce/Batman Duality (and is generally my top pick when both roles are considered), but that's not the goal here. West's Wayne is not the best, but the criteria of the question exclude this from the judgement.
2) Because there are so many competing and honestly contradictory 'versions' of Batman, perfectly capturing them all is something of a nonsensical criteria upon which to render judgment (caveat: unless you stipulate 'My personal favorite take on Batman is ______, and ______ does that the best). For that reason, I'm using the criteria of 'most perfectly captures the version of Batman they clearly were going for'). With that in mind, I think West absolutely nails the campy/cartoon-y hero 60s series was attempting to create. Pattinson's Bat-detective comes close, but I'd still hand the gold to West on this.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Adam West - I loved the joyful campiness of the show, it hit all the cartoon notes and had delicious takes on the rogues gallery in a light, fun sauce
Obviously, this is the correct answer, but my heart is split between my love for Adam West's sublime brilliance and Will Arnett's masterstroke Lego Batman.

Here's another thing, for me: if the history of Batman movies has proven anything, it's that anyone can play Batman. The trick is making Bruce Wayne interesting. Michael Keaton played the most interesting Bruce as far as I'm concerned, so now I'm in a 3-way tie.

So, to avoid what to me seemed like the most obvious choice(s), I went with Clooney.

"CLOONEY?!?1?" you rightly respond.

Yes, I've decided to come out of the closet with my appreciation for Clooney's Bruce Wayne. Is he especially interesting? No, but Clooney's looks, charm, and charisma really sells a James Bond-like, sophisticated, handsome, '70s love-god, millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne. Also, he has the chin for it.

Last edited:

GrimCo

Adventurer
So I'm gonna try make the case for my pick of Val Kilmer, beyond sentimental reasons ( i was 7 when Batman Forever came out, first Batman movie i ever saw and in theaters, so it was more awesome).

Movie was bad. But it was trashy 90's cool fun bad. There were two cool suits, the dark black one with silver belt, that looked like frickin armor. And then there was grey/silver one. That Batman was in line with what movie was, Blend of futuristic and edgy comic aesthetics mixed with 90s cool. One liners were awesome although some were cringe inducing. Good chemistry between Val and Nicole Kidman.

Adam West and Keaton entertain me the most. but I am also not a comic guy, so I never read any of the Batmans. Just saw the show and some of the movies

So I'm gonna try make the case for my pick of Val Kilmer,

I think Kilmer has a similar problem to Affleck where he just didn't have enough to work with too see if he's good or not.
Kilmer was reserved, which might have worked if he had more time. But in a movie with Jim Carrey, Tommy Lee Jones going full ham, and introducing a teen heartthrob Robin, he's practically forgettable.

Also, batsuit nipples.

Remove ads