Why modern movies suck - they teach us awful lessons

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Bonking aliens is part of what made Star Trek great

How YOO doin'?

c8a67936f8ceef7175302f5f44920c5dbc51c1ee_hq.gif

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
As for "Discovery" I wasn't put off by the representation, but rather thought it was subjectively bad and didn't feel like Star Trek to me. Anyone else?
I watched until they put the guy in the pain booth, and was like eh. Same as I watched Walking Dead until Glen was killed with a baseball bat, too gruesome (plus he was my favorite character on the show). I have seen too much weird, and bad stuff in real life, to watch it on television.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I watched until they put the guy in the pain booth, and was like eh. Same as I watched Walking Dead until Glen was killed with a baseball bat, too gruesome (plus he was my favorite character on the show). I have seen too much weird, and bad stuff in real life, to watch it on television.

I will mention the same thing that I have said in other threads- Discovery S1 and S2 were ... uneven. I liked some of the things that they were trying, but the execution was lacking. In addition, it suffered too much from prequel-itis - everything either was fan-servicey (Oh, I recognize that!) or felt jarring (wait, Spock had a sister???).

S3 and S4 feels better. It's much more enjoyable if you like classic Trek.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I will mention the same thing that I have said in other threads- Discovery S1 and S2 were ... uneven. I liked some of the things that they were trying, but the execution was lacking. In addition, it suffered too much from prequel-itis - everything either was fan-servicey (Oh, I recognize that!) or felt jarring (wait, Spock had a sister???).

Its true, the old three episode test isnt the best for ST Disco. The second half of the first season is much much better.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Bortus is %100 gay-married Worf. The only way I can figure it is Seth MacFarlane has an informal "no sue I" agreement with Paramount.
Pretty much. I was in agreement with the critics on The Orville. Not good enough ST derivative, not funny enough McFarland brand.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com

Yes, I am sure I will run across it, and watch an episode here and there. I liked the characters pretty much, I think the Klingons could have been better, except over all, it doesn't look that bad, it just didn't grab me; then again my favorite Trek is TNG: "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose ..." Not a message that resonates with modern sensibilities, however.

Remove ads