• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why no "Mass Spell" feat?

EOL

First Post
Lord Pendragon said:

Any wizard worth his salt is going to have at least a 16 int at first level, so the feat would always give at least three extra charges. It'd be like having three free quickened spells for the price of a single casting.

With the feat:

Round 1: Cast Extra Charged Vampiric Touch
Round 2: Touch enemy.
Round 3: Touch enemy.
Round 4: Touch enemy.

Without the feat to get the same effect:

Round 1: Cast Vampiric Touch
Round 2: Touch enemy.
Round 3: Cast Quickened Vampiric Touch
Round 3: Touch enemy.
Round 4: Cast Quickened Vampiric Touch
Round 4: Touch enemy.

I don't know. I suppose some DMs could find a way to make it work for them, but I'd never let it fly.

You can cast a touch spell and use it in the same round. From the SRD:

Use touch spell on one target [Standard][AoO: No]

Description: A combatant may take a move before casting the spell, after touching the target, or between casting the spell and touching the target. A combatant can automatically touch one friend or use the spell on itself, but to touch an opponent, the combatant must succeed at an attack.

Basically you can cast-move-touch, move-cast-touch or cast-touch-move. So the only advantage to the charge feat is reducing the possible AOO's from the actual casting (not the touching) to one rather than three.

Last edited:

Remove ads