Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw II [IC]

Voadam

Legend
The badger snarls threateningly as Thelso approaches and raises a clawed paw in warning. Thelso's calm tone and demeanor along with his slow movements, kneeling down seems to have an effect. The droning of his voice seems to lull the badger slightly and its eyes droop and unfocus.

Inamar stops digging around for some jerky and readies her blast, just in case of renewed aggression.

When Thelso reaches out its eyes widen and it snarls, again lifting its paw as Thelso casts his healing spell . . .

Inamar has to make a split second decision whether to blast it or hold back.

Shayuri

First Post
Inamar's sigils glow, but she grits her teeth and holds back for a moment, praying that the cleric's spell is fast enough...or that he's tough enough to take it.

Voadam

Legend
The badger feebly claws at Thelso but he is able to evade its weakened attack. Divine energy pours off of Thelso into the badger and its most terrible wound closes slightly though it still looks terribly mauled. Its snarling lowers though it still looks warily at the group.

Shayuri

First Post
"I think it's working a bit," Inamar says hopefully. "Maybe if Weylan and me back up, or...or sit down. To look less threatening?"

She squats down, so as not to tower over the beast.

"Hey boy," she croons. "Hey little guy. It's okay. We're going to make you all better."

chakken98

First Post
Still kneeling before the wounded badger Thelso still keeping his calm, "I believe this badger will not strike us...But" Having his back turned to the group as his eyes are focus on the badgers eyes..."I'd suggest that if you have weapons drawn you should lower them...This animal has been though much...and he still is wounded but should survive to hunt again..." pausing briefly to view the badger to see if it has any other wounds that may require any bandages, or his healing hands..he speaks to the badger, knowing that it cannot communicate with him but may understand the sound of peace is his words, "My friend, We are not here to harm you. We seek out your master. You are free to go and hunt again for your master if you wish."

Shayuri

First Post
Inamar plants her hands on the ground.

"No weapons here...not that I need any. But still...no weapons."

She nudges Weylan. "Put your glowing sword thing away."

Pyrex

First Post
"It's currently our only source of light, so I'm not sure that is a good idea."

Instead of releasing his weapon, Weylan instead takes a couple steps back and leans against the tunnel wall, adopting a less threatening appeareance.

Remove ads