Wolf Barbarian and Improved Trip

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Sound of Azure said:
Trip attacks can be made with any unarmed strike or weapon designed for tripping.

Strictly, with a weapon capable of tripping, or, failing that, as an unarmed melee attack.

There are differences of opinion over whether that's a specific unarmed melee attack, or any unarmed melee attack (including unarmed strike).

-Hyp.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Hypersmurf said:
Strictly, with a weapon capable of tripping, or, failing that, as an unarmed melee attack.

There are differences of opinion over whether that's a specific unarmed melee attack, or any unarmed melee attack (including unarmed strike).

-Hyp.

True enough. It would be pretty strange tripping someone over when you're going all Zinedine Zidane on them. :D Then again, he did knock the guy over, so maybe not! :lol:

Dross

Explorer
Notmousse said:
There are some houserules/options that allow you to use Str and/or damage inflicted instead of Cha. Unfortunately, I don't know of many DMs who allow it outside of myself (I'm awesome like that)

I agree that STR not CHA could be used here. After all you did not use CHA as part of the push. I've seen but I'm not sure where the option is though.

carborundum

Adventurer
Ridiculous thread necromancy...

Is the consensus that using Wolf Berserker to avoid the prereqs for Improved Trip gives a whopping +8 to the opposed Strength check? Yipes!

carborundum

Adventurer
My player insists that the bonus is +8 on the opposed check, four from each feat.
I think it's +4 to hit from Berserker and +4 on the opposed check from Improved Trip...

Dandu

First Post
Wolf Berserker? If you mean Wolf Totem, then it only gains the following

Wolf Totem Class Features
A barbarian dedicated to the wolf totem does not gain the standard uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilities.

A 2nd-level wolf-totem barbarian gains Improved Trip as a bonus feat, even if he doesn't meet the normal prerequisites.
A 5th-level wolf-totem barbarian gains Track as a bonus feat.

Remove ads