Wolfen in D&D

Voadam

Legend
wolfen = legionaire wolf men from palladium

For d20

gnolls = tribal hyena men 2HD and LA

Dovers from Outhbound CS and Complete Minions = german shepard men 1 HD and +1 LA

There was something from Hunt Rise of Evil that was wolf men, lupin? I know they had them in Mystic Warriors. 1HD and no LA I think

Warcraft Lands of Conflict has some bestial wolf men monsters with a few HD.

Arcana Unearthed/Evolved has sibbecai, uplifted jackal men, 1HD no LA.

Gamma World Player's Handbook has Aard or something like that, Mutant psionic dog men who hate people, I think 4HD and size large.

Valus Campaign setting has a bulldog men PC race that hates gnolls.

That's what comes to mind, I'm sure there are others that could work as well with a little tweaking of descriptions.

Talath

Explorer
Ignignokt: "Our god is an indian that turns into a wolf."
Err: "Hey he's the wolfen man."
Ignignokt: "Well the wolfen will come for you with his razor."

Dremmen

First Post
Ssssso..what I'm hearing here is that I'll have to tweak to get my Wolfen. I thought for sure there was a big brute somewhere that was a halfwolf. Well, I think I'll look to the Ogre and the Minotaur for inspiration, since that 's about the size and bulk of them. And for natural abilities look to the Bugbear and the Gnoll, maybe peruse the bite and claw damage for a Werebear, or for a dire wolf.

Dremmen

First Post
Voadam said:
wolfen = legionaire wolf men from palladium

Warcraft Lands of Conflict has some bestial wolf men monsters with a few HD.

Can anyone verify this? I don't have Lands of Conflict but if this critter is what I'm looking for, I might pick it up from DriveThrough. If anyone's got it and can get the name of this wolf creature, and some of its stats and flavor, that'd be great.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Spellslingers from Fantasy Flight Game, a fantasy-wild west set, has a race of wolfen like individuals who could easily be molded into more wolfen likeness and are only +1 ECL.

Wikid Klown

First Post
What about the Jackal Lords from the Feind Folio. They already have a lupine build, you'd just have to adjust them some to be more wolf like and so they're more suited for the cliamate (they're entered as living in Temperate deserts). They're medium, but that's not to hard to change.

Remove ads