• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World at War OOC

Mallak

First Post
JonnyFive said:
Jaceth cook(survival) skill 40 at an assumed take 20 with a +2 syn off Rossarrell asking an inteligent question.

Awesome (although J5's math eludes me)! See, that was much better than Rossarrell could have done.:)

Bront

The man with the probe
JonnyFive said:
+15 for out door, assumed he wanted to take 20, +2 aid from ros, +3 from orb.
take a 20 technicaly mean's there's no chance of failure :uhoh: :confused:

No big deal, it's food.

JonnyFive

First Post
Bront said:
take a 20 technicaly mean's there's no chance of failure :uhoh: :confused:

No big deal, it's food.

hrm i thought that you could only take 20 if there were no repricutions for failure. say like disarming a trap.

Bront

The man with the probe
That's right, that's it.

So you can take a 20 with a knowledge check given time and resources, but craft, open lock or disable divice... no.

Mallak

First Post
I would think that you could take 20 on open lock check. The skill description says nothing about there being negative repercussions from a failed check. Sure, one could argue that you could break your picks or jam the lock, but those things usually happen due to inexperience on the part of the picker or attempting to pick the lock too quickly. If you're taking your time, you should have no problem. Of course, usually you won't have time to take 20 on an open lock check, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to. (As I recall, Neverwinter Nights allowed you to take 20 on an open lock check -- although NN played fast and loose with a lot of mechanics.)

Mallak

First Post
Ferrix said:
Apparently it ate my post.
Yeah, that's happened to me a couple times lately. Very irritating. These days I always write my stuff in notepad first before transfering it over and posting it.

Remove ads