• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World War Z

Caros

First Post
Err, *tips in his point* First off. Bad Jemal *whaps* No correcting other players *laugh*

That said. He is right. Even in the states you need a permit to carry concealed, and to get that for anyone without legal reasons to do so is pretty difficult. Police in Canada are pretty proactive about sweeping up anyone on the streets after 3:00am. Sometimes I think they do it for fun.

That said, you can carry concealed illegally. City isn't really that dangerous that it would be necessary but if you've moved recently you might not know that.

And for what it matters, Jemal is also correct on the second bit. Self-Defence is only a viable legal option if you use minimum force. Essentially if someone threatens you with their fists, unless they signifigantly outweigh you or are more capable, using a weapon is not self-defence.

Likewise, shooting someone who is trying to rob you with a knife is oddly enough not self-defence unless you were in immediate life threatening danger (IE. He was trying actively to stab you.)

Really backwards laws sometimes. And a reminder, pick a side of the city already, yeeeesh!

hellrazor111

First Post
ii would only shoot if they had a gun, if they come with a knife, i might shoot, if not, no need to use a gun and if it comes to it, hit em wit the gun

anyways, whats wrong with walking around the city, if i know the streets it makes it easier to get away. Also, thats exactly what I was doing around that time on the 22nd

Caros

First Post
Err, nothin? Didn't mean to give that impression, just telling you the pro's and cons of the situation is all =)

Just waiting for a PC or two. Going to be updating to get things rolling probably when I get back from work tomorrow morning, or tonight before I go to bed. 1 of 2.

Jemal

Adventurer
Also, sorry for butting in again, Hellrazor, but.. which bridge? There's 5 in saskatoon... NOT counting the two train bridges.

We are called the "City of Bridges." :D

ethandrew

First Post
On a side note, I asked my wife the other night what she'd do if I turned into a zombie in front of her. Without hesitation she said she would stab me in the head with an ice-axe. Kinda unsettling. So she asked me what I'd do if she turned, and I said I'd pitch her over the balcony and let someone else deal with her for once.

hellrazor111

First Post
Ya know, your the most annoyingly helpful person ive ever talked to jamal... :\ lol

(yes i know annoyingly isnt a word)

anyways the victoria ave bridge

lol nice ethandrew

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
hellrazor111 said:
Ya know, your the most annoyingly helpful person ive ever talked to jamal... :\ lol

(yes i know annoyingly isnt a word)

anyways the victoria ave bridge

lol nice ethandrew

I try. :D Hey, wait'll you have to deal with the 'real me' IC. hehe.

And if you're crossing the Victoria bridge, then that explains the gun ;). I used to live 'round there. Soon as you hit the west side, you're in the badlands, otherwise known as hooker-ville.

And it's JEMAL with an E, not JAmal with an A.

BTW, Ethandrew - Awesome!

Caros

First Post
ethan said:
On a side note, I asked my wife the other night what she'd do if I turned into a zombie in front of her. Without hesitation she said she would stab me in the head with an ice-axe. Kinda unsettling. So she asked me what I'd do if she turned, and I said I'd pitch her over the balcony and let someone else deal with her for once.

So when will the divorce be finalized? ^_^

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Well, in real life my house is in the old part of town, basic single family home neighborhoods. getting Run down but still populated, lower middle class.

So where ever that puts me that's where I'm at in your city.

Caros

First Post
I appologize for the repeated delays in the campaign. Got a heck load of stuff to do today, and will be updating tomorrow mornin. Till then!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads