[WOTC] Core Rulebooks to be revised?

coyote6

Adventurer
If it is true, I hope they plan on releasing all the new and revised materials for free (or next to free) via the 'net or some other method.

Otherwise, "anti-bravo" from me. I barely upgrade my computer every 3 years, there's no way I'm forking out $90-120 for D&D 3.1e after barely 3 years.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Here's to hoping that news is true.

I hope they revise Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate. These skills are too similar. I'd rather see Persuade (covers all social interactions), Misdirect (feints, hiding actions) Intimidate (make target Shaken, Scared, routed), and Knowledge: Etiquette.

And I'm all for more minis stuff. Especially low-priced, good looking, pre-painted plastic minis.

-z

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Interesting. :)

I'm not sure if it is accurate. (The amount of time Andrew the Intern has spent on the SRD recently makes me suspicious of any huge rule overhaul that will also need to have SRD changes...)

However, if they are revised, it probably will be for the better; I doubt that the revisions will be drastic - more on the level of just tweaking.

I really doubt we'll see an alternative hit point system, for instance.

Cheers!

KenM

Banned
Banned
coyote6 said:
If it is true, I hope they plan on releasing all the new and revised materials for free (or next to free) via the 'net or some other method.

Otherwise, "anti-bravo" from me. I barely upgrade my computer every 3 years, there's no way I'm forking out $90-120 for D&D 3.1e after barely 3 years.

I totally agree, I'm NOT going to spend money on books I already have. If they don't offer frre upgrades on the web site, I'm switching systems.

kenjib

First Post
coyote6 said:

I imagine they would update the SRD with most of the important bits.

Last edited:

KenM said:

I totally agree, I'm NOT going to spend money on books I already have. If they don't offer frre upgrades on the web site, I'm switching systems.

I'm sure WOTC will cry big alligator tears at the loss of your patronage. :rolleyes:

-F

Crothian

First Post
KenM said:

When they upgraded Star Wars did they post those changes to the web? I think if they did, then they will, but if they didn't they won't.

JeffB

Legend
Crothian said:

When they upgraded Star Wars did they post those changes to the web? I think if they did, then they will, but if they didn't they won't.

They did not. Well not really. They just offered a few suggestions and conversion notes rather than a "here's the extra 60 pages of all new material" .

The people over at SWRPG network complained quite a bit too. Didn't bother me, because the new book is so much better. And it seemed the majority of D20 SW fans over there agreed once they got it into their hands.

I must say though, that I agree w/ Merric, the changes will likely be tweaks and whatnot, and as Kenji said, probably would be added to the SRD.

My 3E PHB already fell apart, and my DMG and MM are not far behind, so I'd have to shell out the dough eventually. I'd rather do it with a revised version than the same books.

Edit: Cannawt speel toonite!

Last edited:

LGodamus

First Post
Femerus the Gnecro said:

I'm sure WOTC will cry big alligator tears at the loss of your patronage. :rolleyes:

-F
Don't be so quick to cut the man down....if enough folks feel like he does this could be a huge problem for wotc. You have to face it a large majority of gamers aren't as hardcore as the folks on Enworld, we are a very small part of the D&D community. I cannot say it with certainty but a casual gamer may balk at having to shell out for a new set of core books so soon after the new edition is released, and most of the established fan base are casual gamers.

Remove ads