WOTC is hiring a new Game Designer for D&D

fjw70

Adventurer
Which is the alternative. You take the job you hate as a "wage slave" and earn enough to stop working, while hoping you die before running out of money.
OR
You find a job that you love that pays just enough, and work for longer but actively enjoy your work.

Or you find a job you like but don’t love that pays well.

Slit518

Adventurer
Whelp, I threw my hat in the ring.

I decided to apply again (I applied the last time they were hiring for a similar position).

May the best person win!

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
What struck me is that they ask for it twice. They're serious about their style guide.

Yes, and it shows in their products. Not perfect, but for the most part they do a good job editing their books.

Also, CMOS is a good one to stick to. My favorite for general writing.

gyor

Legend
40+ posts already, and we don't even know if the game designer will be female...

As long as they get because of merit, who cares about the sex or race or sexual orinientation. Honestly I'd be fine with that information deleted from the resumes before hand, so that that info doesn't influence the decision making it completely fair.

gyor

Legend
40+ posts already, and we don't even know if the game designer will be female...

As long as they get because of merit, who cares about the sex or race or sexual orinientation. Honestly I'd be fine with that information deleted from the resumes before hand, so that that info doesn't influence the decision making it completely fair.

Why on Earth would we know that before they actually hire someone?

Although, really, what WotC needs more of right now isn't women but people of colour. It's a veeeery white, and they caught some negative publicity for that during Tomb of Annihilation.

Sadras

Legend
As long as they get because of merit, who cares about the sex or race or sexual orinientation.

Why on Earth would we know that before they actually hire someone?

I was teasing, stirring the pot, since that last mammoth thread when they hired a woman designer and people on both sides lost their minds. :D

Although, really, what WotC needs more of right now isn't women but people of colour.

What they NEED is the best person they can get for the job.

It's a veeeery white, and they caught some negative publicity for that during Tomb of Annihilation.

Oh, I missed that.

Last edited:

I was teasing, stirring the pot, since that last mammoth thread when they hired a woman designer and people on both sides lost their minds. :D
Given how heated that thread got... does it NEED to be stirred? Why risk reigniting a pit of misogyny and ugliness?

What they NEED is the best person they can get for the job.
Do you really think for even a second they'd hire someone who was unqualified?
Mearls and Crawford love this game. And with all the talk of salary, it's pretty clear they're not doing this job for the money. They're not going to jeopardise the game and make their jobs harder by hiring someone who cannot do the work and is not up to snuff.

Remove ads