• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You Bastard! Returns! - Players Needed! [Free In Game Gifts to New Players!]

Phoenix8008

First Post
I could agree to gaining 5 Yen at the start of each new tier. Since you can't fall from a Tier once you've gained it everyone would have to end up with the same amount in the end since you couldn't drop a rank and gain it back along with another yen.

As for the 'Escape Disgrace' item, is it needed any longer? We don't have disgrace ranks built into the system currently.

As for the initial style (or location), I thought you were able to choose from the entire list of 50 for the very first one gained and the rest in later tiers were picked from those used during the last fight of the previous tier. This allows people to build a character concept alot easier and know that they can have at least one style or location that fits their concept. At least this is what I wrote into the rules as posted above since I thought I remembered this coming up in the playtest fight or the general discussion thread we had started with. If it's not there somewhere, then I would propose that the rule be amended to that and would like votes for or against the idea with any needed discussion.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Phoenix: 'Escape Disgrace can STILL keep for from dropping ranks... thus you wouldn't drop from Honor Knight 5 to Knight 4 if you used that item.. thus saving you from having to fight two more fights rather than one to go up to the next tier for example.... that make sense? It's a little less effective than it was before due to not having disgrace ranks anymore.. but still could be very useful!

I feel choosing from the list of 50 signature Styles or Locations for the first Tier is perfectly fine... thus giving the player a bit more to work on background-wise the rest of them need to be chosen from move generated in the match causing you to go up a tier though... If anyone has objection to this... please feel free to toss your two cents it... I take pennies :)...

Phoenix8008

First Post
Sounds good to me on the Escape Disgrace item and the initial style/location stuff. Like you said though, any other discussion is welcome.

Knight Otu

First Post
No objections from me. I feel it's previously been too much of a hassle to get a signature style/location that fit your character - you probably didn't get it from a fight, you might not have found a doyo/gang teaching it, and items were really expensive.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Hey this is great. I love YB!

I guess it's time to dust off my old character and place a challenge. He will start as a commoner of coarse.

Posting a challenge!

Rathan

First Post
You have NO idea how happy this makes me to see this game picking up momentum once more.... this is like a slice of my past being brought back to me that I can share with you all... I hope this experience is and will be as much fun as it has been for me in the past... :D

Shayuri

First Post
Still here. Just been thinking of possible character concepts. :)

Maybe thinking a bit too hard, given the sort of freewheeling nature of the game.

Anyone starting a challenge?

Rathan

First Post
Do believe Yellow Sign wanted a match Shayuri... and I'll judge once one of the two of you starts a fight thread and posts it here! :)

Remove ads