100 Sessions!

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Hey, I thought this was worthy of comment.

My Barsoom campaign (after four years of gaming) hit session number 100 the other night. It was a fun game with an avalanche, giant mechanical kidnapping monsters, a wendigo priest who just might have destroyed the entire world, and one player forming an entire baseball team.

How many session has your campaign reached? How long has it taken? What level are the PCs?

Barsoom's usually a couple of times a month, but there's been some long hiatii along the way as I've gotten burned out from time to time. Season Four looks to be Le Grande Finale of the campaign, however -- I'm pulling out all the stops this time. They're all twelfth level now, and things are getting pretty scary.

Happy gaming!

Sammael

Adventurer
I've schedulled session #85 of my Rebirth Forgotten Realms Campaign for today. It's been two and a half years, and the party level range is 11th-13th. There were a couple of longer breaks, but when we play, we usually play once per week (4-6 hour sessions).

alsih2o

First Post
Just finished session 13 last night wiht "new" Memphis gaming buddies.

I have not had this much fun (gaming) in years.

Big fight with some rivals since forst level, the party just reached levels 4/5.

The big fight went TOTALLY the party's way. a bad roll on the fighter baddies part (I roll in the open) a MM absorbing brooch and and a summoned wolf really turned the tide.

One character charged up a dragons tail (who has been asleep for 200 years) to thunderstone the bad guy mage, a dwarf fighter was made into pate' and the sorcerer made a run for it that almost worked.

It doesn't get any better than this! :)

cjdc1973

First Post
My campaign is just over 3 and a half years old. We started in 2E, migrationed to 3.0 and then eventually to 3.5E. The campaign is currently EPIC and averages ECL 24. We've completed 28 chapters and the campaign is set for a total of 30, so the end is near.

We play almost every week on Wednesdays with half a dozen hiatuses for various periods of time due to boredom, summer trips, etc. I've long since lost track of the number of sessions, but it is way over 100.

There is a web site for the campaign at http://www.noctem.com/artifact/

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Tonight our gaming group will be playing our 922nd gaming session. We started back in May 1982. The vast majority of those games have been with the Silver Moon Adventurers and their lower-level spin-off team Da'Bears. We do have one other campaign, a western using hybrid Boot Hill/D&D rules that we've played 33 game sessions of during the past three years.

Wombat

First Post
Last week this week we hit session six; time passed -- 3 months.

Standard for us ;) Due to scheduling and Outside Lives, we can only game twice a month.

OTOH, all the characters are now 2nd level and two are gunning for 3rd, so we're pretty happy.

Many rapiers flashed! Many faen danced! A swanky party became a duelling site! We found that many nobles make no more exciting small talk than ordinary folks! :lol:

J_D

Explorer
barsoomcore said:
How many session has your campaign reached? How long has it taken? What level are the PCs?
I posted this on the other thread linked above too, but I figured I'd put it here too. The campaign in which I'm a player has been going on since December of 1997, which is 6.9 real-life years. The in-game time has been 22.7 years. As of last night, we have played 829 sessions, and the average session length has been 10.5 hours. As far as the PC level, that depends on which generation you're talking about. The first generation has not stayed together in the same group they started out as far as adventuring goes, but most had stayed in relatively close contact, and range in level from 16 up to 30. The second generation -- the children of the first -- now range from 8 to 15.

Remove ads