Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Helluin

First Post
Hi all,

This may sound quite presumptuous and more than a little odd, especially given the relative inactivity of this thread in the past two years, so please do excuse me if I seem intrusive. Here it goes...

I haven't been following this story hour for quite as long as some of you undoubtedly have. I started reading it in the summer of 2012, following recommendation from a certain user on GiantInthePlayground, to whom I owe many thanks, for this was certainly one of the finest fantasy novels that I have read and quite probably, I suspect, that I will have read for a long, long time. Night after night, I would read about Lady Despina, Eadric, Mostin the Metagnostic, Nwm the Preceptor, and Ortwin of Jiuhu, of Rintrah, Feezu, and Graz'zt. Being a good ten years late for the story, I had a lot to catch up with, and in that summer it almost felt like these stories would never end, just the way I wanted it.

Then it did, and Wyre was, it seems, perpetually trapped in this moment of stasis, waiting for a dawn that would never come.

I don't suppose I can share exactly how much this story hour influenced me, but then again, I wouldn't need to, as I am sure that each one of us had been shaped in one way or another by Sep's sublime narratives. Suffice to say that this sage has informed much of my own style of gaming, writing, and thinking, which brings me to my point.

I originally joined ENWorld to approach Sepulchrave with a glimmer of hope that Sep would allow me to translate his works - I understand that he lacked interest in formally publishing the stories; however I truly wish that more readers of fantasy had the chance to read this story and feel as we had felt. I had hoped that he would grant me the permission to share his work in a different language (as some of you might have already gathered from my writing, English is not my first language - I'm a native Chinese speaker) and sharing it in some electronic format of Sepulchrave's choice. My plan never worked out since I was busy with my life and thought that my procrastination would do this work a disservice. It didn't help either when I kept losing my username and password (Having to retrieve your username and password pretty much every time you needed to login quickly became tedious) before I could muster the courage to even contemplate approaching Sep with this offer. Although I still lurk these boards regularly just to keep an eye on this story hour, I could never bring myself to send a PM to Sep.

Now that I'm ready to move on to the next stage of my life, I thought it'd be about the right timing to finish my long overdue message for Sep. Having re-registered my username (I think my old one might have been deleted due to long period of inactivity), I decided it would be prudent to check Sep's recent activity before sending anything. I was surprised to see that Sepulchrave was last active in late 2015 (It never really occurred to me to examine his activity until now, for some reason, even though I check his thread every other week or so). I was under the impression that Sep was still around these boards, just taking a long, well-deserved break from this story. Or perhaps the story, as well as the campaign, was put on indefinite hiatus. Either way, I intended to translate what is available (I mean, there are plenty of unfinished works that were still published - a masterpiece deserves as much). But I did not anticipate the possibility that Sep could have already left ENWorld...

Therefore, my friends, I must ask a favour. Can anyone let me know if they have means of reaching Sep beyond PMs? I intend to send a PM regardless but as this is a new account, I can't do it just yet, and I'd like to know if there are alternative means of communication if I cannot reach Sep on this site. Thank you, everyone.

Last edited:

grodog

Hero
Therefore, my friends, I must ask a favour. Can anyone let me know if they have means of reaching Sep beyond PMs? I intend to send a PM regardless but as this is a new account, I can't do it just yet, and I'd like to know if there are alternative means of communication if I cannot reach Sep on this site. Thank you, everyone.

I had Sep's email and phone c. 2002-3-ish, but I don't believe I have his current contact information. Perhaps [MENTION=141]Cheiromancer[/MENTION] may?

Allan.

Helluin

First Post
I had Sep's email and phone c. 2002-3-ish, but I don't believe I have his current contact information. Perhaps [MENTION=141]Cheiromancer[/MENTION] may?

Allan.

May I ask if there is any reason to believe that his old e-mail is no longer in use? I know I am grasping at straws here, but really, any possible means of communication with even a faint possibility of reaching him is appreciated.

In fact, while we are at it, if anyone knows of Sep's contact info, but are unsure about sharing it due to privacy concerns, would you mind relaying my message above to Sep? Thanks a lot.

Remove ads