Cast the iconic D&D characters

Klaus

First Post
Firebeetle said:
Wow Klaus, you've done a great job here. Have you considered being a casting agent?

I could definately see some of these happening.
Hey, if you known someone who knows someone, feel free to drop my name in!

RangerREG -> Re: Paul Bettany as Raistlin, I believe he'd do wonders. I'd like to see him do all his Raistlin scenes, then bulk up and act as Caramon, too!

Demmero

Explorer
Firebeetle said:
You cheeky monkey. Will "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" be used for inspire competence for assassins?

Hmm...that'd work. I'm leaning towards a modified version of 'TNT' for Inspire Courage.

'Cuz I'm TNT!
I'm Tiny 'N Tough!
TNT!
Won't take none o' yer guff!
TNT!
I'm a powder keg!
TNT!
I'll bite off your leg!

Ranger REG

Explorer
Klaus said:
Jolene Blaylock is way too tall (we're sticking to the D&D elf, which stands, on average, at 5' 5"... I am pushing the envelope with Ian Somerhalder at 5' 9"). Gina Torres is nice for *Ember* ( :) ), too.
Ignore the standard rule, or just let the others walk on soapboxes or elevated planks. :p

Filby

First Post
Firebeetle said:
Who are the iconic psionics? Hey, that rhymes.

Lemee see...

Eulad the maenad wilder
Ialdabode the human telepath (psion)
Mitra the human shaper (psion)
Ragnara the human psychic warrior
Rurik the dwarf egoist (psion)
Sandbarrow the half-giant psychic warrior
Taraneh the human seer (psion)
Xerxes the xeph soulblade

There's also a mess of others from the "Complete" books (Ferno the elf warmage, Morthos the human warlock, and so on), but I'd say they're more or less "non-canon."

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Ranger REG said:
An unrelated note but worth mentioning: If Paul Bettany looks good as an albino monk in The Da Vinci Code, picture him in gold skin with hourglass eyes ... a la Dragonlance's Raistlin Majere.

I can't remember if it was you or not, but someone proposed Bettany for Raistlin about a year ago, and my jaw dropped. He's perfect :)

-Hyp.

Justin

Explorer
Vadania - Frida Betrani (Lya, the Nox from a few episodes of SG-1)
Kerwyn - Colin Farrell (came to me after seeing the pic of Kerwyn above)

Last edited:

sniffles

First Post
Klaus said:
Not *my* Mialee, obviously. :)
http://www.enworld.org/Pozas/Pictur...nics/mialee.jpg

I chose Kristin Kreuk for quite a few reasons: she has the correct build, the short height, dark hair and almond-shaped green eyes. Her Irish/Chinese descent gives her an exotic look that, IMHO, mimics the D&D elf. Ian "Freaky Eyebrows" Somerhalder as Soveliss only enhances that exotic look.

Want an unorthodox casting? I'd cast Daniel Dae Kim (Jin in Lost) as a drow, dying his hair white and his skin an unnatural shade of black. I even painted him once as a drow to see what he'd look like, and was quite pleased with the exotic look of it.
Wow! You've been reading my mind, Claudio. I've often thought it would be interesting to see Asian performers as elves.

Kristin Kreuk does have the looks, but I still vote for talent over looks. :p
And that link didn't work for me. I got a 404 error. :\

@Justin - good choice for Vadania! Or Carol Kane, except she's a bit too old now. Back when she was in Groundhog Day she would have been perfect.

Justin

Explorer
sniffles said:
@Justin - good choice for Vadania! Or Carol Kane, except she's a bit too old now. Back when she was in Groundhog Day she would have been perfect.

Thanks. I don't watch TV, but I'm glad I borrowed season 1 to watch on my computer. :)

Btw, Carol Kane wasn't in GHD, that was Andie MacDowell. But what a babe she STILL is!

sniffles

First Post
Justin said:
Thanks. I don't watch TV, but I'm glad I borrowed season 1 to watch on my computer. :)

Btw, Carol Kane wasn't in GHD, that was Andie MacDowell. But what a babe she STILL is!
Oops! Wrong movie! I meant Scrooged!! :uhoh:

Klaus

First Post
sniffles said:
Wow! You've been reading my mind, Claudio. I've often thought it would be interesting to see Asian performers as elves.

Kristin Kreuk does have the looks, but I still vote for talent over looks. :p
And that link didn't work for me. I got a 404 error. :\

Hmm, let's try this again: http://www.enworld.org/Pozas/Pictures/Iconics/mialee.jpg

As for talent over looks, I believe Kristin Kreuk can deliver a decent performance as Mialee (hey, this ain't Shakespeare! ;) ). The way I set up the cast above, you have one big star (Vin Diesel), needed to make a movie... er, move; a few known-enough talents (Kristanna Loken, Kristin Kreuk) and the rest you fill up with aspiring actors aiming for the big shot (most of the other from-TV-series actors).

Remove ads