Joke Names you've never used...but want to.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
For some time, I've been wanting to run:

1) A bard named Dore Mifaso LaTido.

2) A Ftr (or Paladin)/Diviner PC of noble birth- Sir Google of Chingin...commonly referred to as Sir Chingin, the Questing Knight.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
1) A bard named Dore Mifaso LaTido.

I had to read that a couple of times before I got it. :eek:

I must have low impulse control: I use the stupid names I come up with. Back in the olden days (early 90s) I had a long line of Dwarven fighters with names like Arkon Arsebiter.

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
Ever since hearing the first Penny Arcade D&D podcast I've had a perverse desire to play a wizard named Chet Awesomelaser.

For a brief joke game, I played Sir Osis of Liver. He drank a LOT.

In the dungeoncrawling heydey of junior high school, I played a series of characters named Umar the Unkillable. Sadly, none of them lived up to their name. I believe I retired the name when I reached Umar the Unkillable the 21st.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I must have low impulse control: I use the stupid names I come up with. Back in the olden days (early 90s) I had a long line of Dwarven fighters with names like Arkon Arsebiter.

Its not a question of impulse control for me...I just have many more names and PCs than I have campaigns in which to run them.

My Mage-Brute PC (http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-discussion/239192-forked-thread-mage-brute-revisited.html) was a Sorcerer, born the son of a Half-Dragon mercenary and a prostitute (getting him Draconic Heritage feats), who grew into a life as a bouncer at his mom's brothel before being forced into a life of adventure. His name? Adragon von Basten (A dragon of bastard origins).

With a PC like that, when can I run Dore or Google?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ever since hearing the first Penny Arcade D&D podcast I've had a perverse desire to play a wizard named Chet Awesomelaser.
I get inspiration from pop culture all the time.

I used to read PvP Online for a while. Since then, I've always wanted to play an Anthropomorphic Animal PC...a Panda Monk. The recent release of Kung Fu Panda has only reinforced that desire. (I don't have a name for that PC yet, though...and of course, haven't played it either.)

I've also had ideas for PCs inspired by combining Raiden (of Mortal Kombat) and Yoshimitsu (of Tekken)...also still unplayed.

Inspired by M.A.S.H., I wanted to play Atlatl Jones...

And inspired by...er...adult entertainment...I wanted to play a high Charisma PC named Pete Zaboy...a real lady's man!

For a brief joke game, I played Sir Osis of Liver. He drank a LOT.

Awesome!

Last edited:

Dragongrief

Explorer
Umm... doesn't quite fit the topic since it was used, but...

Back in high school one of my friends played a character named Justin Credible.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Umm... doesn't quite fit the topic since it was used, but...

Back in high school one of my friends played a character named Justin Credible.

Yeah, someone else used it already...but did you want to and haven't gotten to? If so, then its entirely appropriate!

(BTW, I may be yoinking that for a Dudley Doright-esque Paladin!)

Arivendel

First Post
Cant say much.. but i do have Oreo of the KuK-Yjar Brotherhood reserved for the next time i make an All powerful wizard... preferably a Necromancer.

Remove ads