[4e] covaithe's E1: Death's Reach

Oni

First Post
http://wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdateMar2010.pdf

Hurm, they changed a lot of stuff. Finally clarified adding/subtracting keywords which is nice. Though Kylek's rod prof is kind of wasted since he could just use a frost dagger for the same results. Draconic Spellcaster is kind of meh now since we've go the free expertise and they don't stack now. Lasting frost changed, not a big deal, just need to remember its different now.

Some other biggies in there, like righteous brand and save penalties.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Nooooo! Righteous Brand got hit pretty bad with the nerf bat! :( Guess it was good we did a one-round kill on an elite when we could then, eh?

This also reminds me that they changed Hero of the Faith a while back. Now that I look at it again, the new version isn't so bad. Basically you get to keep the double-roll effect until you land an attack with it, or the target goes down. You happy with that version, Cov? It can end up lasting longer than the version we were using, but only if I keep missing ;) Also, it can't be used in conjunction with an AP to give double rolls on multiple attacks (unless of course the first one misses).

The only other update I can see that affects Sarenax is to the ruby scabbard, and the change shouldn't actually change anything for him.

renau1g

First Post
I think Kalas is free from any of the nerf for the most part, except that Boots of Eagerness now got changed from Free action to Minor Action. Not a biggie as many turns I had my minor available.

Walking Dad

First Post
Errata on epic characters is a major pain. My time will come with the arrival of the PH3.

---

Got it. Will now do an update.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Yes, I know. I am working on it, and the next bit is nearly ready to go. It's just that every time I sit down to work on PbP stuff, there seems to be something more immediately pressing.

This, too, shall pass. Keep pestering me.

Remove ads