[4e] covaithe's E1: Death's Reach

covaithe

Explorer
Yes, should be rolling again soon. I've been hammered catching up from holidays, and have given my L4W games priority when I do have time for updates. But I'm in theory back to normal now...

CaBaNa

First Post
Same here, all my non-living games have been suffering. If my schedule doesn't go back to normal soon, I may need to nix one of them... Not this one of course, this one gets special love, love like it was a living campaign love.

So Cov, can Massacre tell that Sarenax is in trouble?

covaithe

Explorer
Various answers:

BKT should have done another 7+5 radiant damage from flurry last round. I somehow missed the last 2/3 of his action. Three Winds kick, by my reading, only gives one attack against any single adjacent creature, and thus misses. For what it's worth, I'm using what the compendium currently says about BKT's powers, which is not necessarily what it said when you created him. Only reason for that is that in a recent computer rebuild, I lost the CB version of BKT's sheet that I'd made when I approved him, and I can't be bothered chasing down the preview versions of rules from old Dragon articles. Much easier just to look things up in DDI when I need to.

Yes, Uganon was insubstantial only until the end of his turn in round 6. So he's solid now.

No, the prowler's no longer prone. Yet another oversight.

BKT again; When you say Rising Sun, do you mean Divine Sun? Compendium doesn't know of anything called Rising Sun, that's relevant to monks. If it's Divine Sun, isn't that what you used in Round 6? That's what I marked in the resources used section, at any rate. Oh, I see now, you mean Blinding Sun. Good news is that the Compendium says 3d10 now instead of 3d8. Also, you spent an AP in round 6, so you can't spend one in round 7. I guess you should have gotten the AP effects last round, then?

Sarenax has his scythe with him in the pit, we'll say.

As for what Massacre knows... Well, he can't see Sarenax. He'll only know what happened if he could hear something indicating what had happened to Sarenax. Like, say, one of his allies shouting that Sarenax fell down a pit and needs help. But I don't think anyone did that, so Massacre probably doesn't know what's going on.

Whew. That took half an hour, and it wasn't even a proper update.

Walking Dad

First Post
I could send you the pdf, but it would be easier to just convert BKT at this point. This would also increase the damage of my Flurry.

Sorry for my AP confusion.

covaithe

Explorer
So that's the third encounter done. EL 23 (35100 xp). I finally feel like I managed to challenge you guys, though frankly it was mostly Uganon. I bumped him up from 21 to 23, and tweaked his damage up slightly, too. He's the only monster I've run so far who I felt like had a chance to make you guys sweat a little in terms of damage output.

The adventure roughly falls into three parts, and we've got one more encounter in the first third.

Remove ads