[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antithetist

First Post
Close behind Susan comes a short, wiry man wrapped in a greatcloak with an impressive mane of russet coloured hair and a beard to match. A slight feral cast to his features marks him as a Shifter, and he carries a carved wooden spear at his side.

"Jarren Star Gazer,"
he announces in rustic tones by way of introduction, and then makes his way over to the bar, nodding a greeting to Mythra, whom he clearly recognises. He finds a free stool and establishes himself with a mug of ale, perfectly calm and relaxed amid the chaos of the busy tavern.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Maybe your engineer can brew healing potions. He'll have plenty of time on the airship."
Tondrek fishes into his coat and pulls out a small something. Its sharp, cuts him, and then explodes into flame. Patting it out quickly with a sorry, he takes the bits and attaches that to something else in his pocket. Which almost zaps everyone at the table, but only minorly singes him. But then, he takes out a third glass vial, and pours it on his wounds and they close. He smiles sheepishly.

renau1g

First Post
Thalen stares at Tondrek as the half-orc wounds and then heals himself, she'd never seen such an odd creature. She'd been beside many artificers in her travels, but this creature was surely the most unique...and strangely intriguing one she'd ever seen. Surely this would be a worthwhile crew to aid her in her mission.

twilsemail

First Post
“Talkrai, have you never met one of the War-Forged?” Pis’ accent makes the word sound odd. Instead of a race name, he seems to be calling it a character trait. “I suppose this should not surprise me. You probably did not have such beings in your Dragonwood, neh? I shall go and ask he and his companions to join us. They are determined looking folk. Probably just back from an adventure, that or ready to set out again. Perhaps they too have tales to tell, though I doubt they have a dragon.” He looks to Priam, "Perhaps they are even your lead, neh?"

Pis stands and unless one of his table-mates stops him he heads to the newcomers.

[sblock=OOC]Allowing for reactions from Talkrai and Priam before actually making it to the bar to talk.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Mythra ignores Jarren and continues to sip his drink. Mythra's white cat however, appears from sulking around the tavern and jumps up onto the bar and watches Jarren. She than hops on his lap purring.

evilbob

Explorer
Unit 16 notes Thalen's movements but continues casually without paying it any mind.

Seeing Talkrai glancing and whispering, he smiles and walks over toward her table.

[sblock=T-names]Sorry I haven't been able to sort back through all the tavern chatter since last I was here - it's a ton of stuff! More to the point, I was just wondering what race Thalen and Talkrai were and what they looked like in general.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
The door opens, and a pretty gnome strides in. Her silk tunic is not even slightly damp despite the rain outside. Neither is her pale green hair which stands proudly in three upswept spikes. The tunic is gathered at the waist with a sturdy looking belt. It has short sleeves and scoop neck that reveals a curling dragonmark on the golden-brown skin of her left cheek and shoulder. Brightly colored ribbons festoon her clothes and hair, suggesting the outline of a dahlia. A folded paper is tucked under one arm. Despite her diminutive stature, her presence seems to fill the Shard.

She spots the mounted dragon. A wide smile slowly crawls across her face, revealing prominent dimples. She blows a kiss in the dragon's direction, then turns to face the room.

"Hi everybody!" she calls cheerfully, waving at no one in particular and winking at the warforged behind the bar. She scans the bar. When she spots the table where Tondrek, Rohna, Shava and the others are sitting, she claps her hands and bounds over.

"Everyone's here! Am I late?" she asks. Without waiting for an answer, she pulls out the paper and opens it with a snap, displaying it to the group. It is a copy of the latest Sharn Inquisitive. "Did you see this? Not too bad of a likeness, huh? And they mentioned our group's name! Well, several of them... I guess we're stuck with one of them now. We could combine them - 'Roswyn's Dragon Slayers' maybe? Well, whatever. Let's just make sure it's something that's not too hard to say!" She casts a fond look over at the half-orc.

She eyes the three others at the table that she doesn't know. "Hello, new friends? I'm Roswyn, of House Sivis, pleased to meet you." She notices that another copy of the Inquisitive is open on the table in front of the dwarf. She peers at him more closely. "Don't you teach at Morgrave? I think I attended one of your lectures a couple months ago. Scholar... Coldforge, isn't it?"

[sblock=ooc]I have Roswyn's level up done in the character builder, but haven't had a chance to transfer it to the wiki... also haven't decided if I'm going to buy any stuff - probably will though.

Evo, I'll try to get that done by week's end but still continue to be pretty busy so... let me know if there is a deadline. I can at least put up a character builder summary to "lock in" the build.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=Evilbob: Talkrai's descriptor]This is the bit where I described her when she came in the tavern. Should give you a decent idea of what she looks like and such. I'm a terrible artist, so I'm afraid I don't have pic of any of my characters, but I might try to work on it at some point.

The tavern door opens slowly and a tall, lithe girl walks in. Black chain armor covers a shirt that would obviously have some give and flow if the armor wasn't holding it in place. The shirt is various shade of green worked in a leafy-looking pattern. Her pants are tight-fit and brown, and the also seem to have a black chain overlay. Deep green bracers cover her arms, and a deadly-looking greatsword is slung across her back.

Her skin is a deep sun-bronze, and her shoulder-length auburn hair is tied back with a leather cord. At first glance you'd think she was human, but then you notice that air about her that says she's Kalashtar. She looks young, younger than most wanderers, but still accustomed to the arms and armor she carries. She wears both with ease.
[/sblock]

"Nope, never met one before, or even seen one from a distance,"
Talkrai replied to Pis. "I suppose they must have been fighting in the war, of course, but I wasn't on the field for all of that."

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Yes, Talkrai, it is amazing, but we are each hear to do our own part, perhaps become the next dragonslayer. If I were satisfied with playing rainmaker for the rest of my days, I wouldn't have come here."

Priam ducks his head under the table as Tondrek starts fiddling with his artifices. He begins to wonder if he'll need to whip up some rain to keep the whole tavern from going up.

Praim does not react in any peculiar manner upon seeing Susan. He had seen the warfoged before as a few of his clients during the war were fond of them. Given the few meetings he'd had with House Cannith, he merely assumed that many warforged were given their cold, calculating personalities from their creators.

"Well, Pis. I'd certainly like to talk to as many people as I can. I won't find anyone to help just starting into the bottom of a mug of ale all day. I'm afraid I am new to the adventuring business, so I'm not sure I know how to go about it."

When Susan comes to them with a smile, his demeanor does change a bit. It is certain that Priam has never seen that expression on one of Susan's kind before.

"Greeting Susan. We were just telling each other how much we'd enjoy your company. Care to take a seat and converse for a while?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads