[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa watches the antics of the other patrons warily. A few inane pranks with the color of the drinks seem harmless enough, but Heinrich escalated matters precipitously with his transformation into a dragon. She has heard that even friendly contests of skill between wizards can end with craters, and both the timbers and the clientele of the Dunn Wright are combustible by nature. But the warrior-priestess' nerves are settled as the brightly-clad summoner begins dancing.

She looks to Aradra, still quieting his wolf. "Mad as it all is, I can see why one would choose to live in Venza," Larissa offers, smiling wryly at the hubbub about them. "The world comes to you."

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +10 Reflex: +3 Will: +9 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +13/+8 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength * Dispel Magic
* Read Magic *Divine Favor l * Grace * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Silence
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 17 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ Common Room ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande smiled at the soldier, “Oh no, Aradra. I would not think of stealing your friend away from you.”

She nodded her head as Charity moved along to look into other things and she ignored the antics of the wizards once she determined they were just harmless. “I see that the tavern has gotten quite lively. Well met, Larissa.”

She ordered a new drink, one that was not going to be strangely colored.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Well met, indeed," offers Larissa, returning Melisande's greeting. She takes note of the holy warrior's tabard. "Aradra was telling me you are a champion of Helerion?"

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +10 Reflex: +3 Will: +9 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +13/+8 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength * Dispel Magic
* Read Magic *Divine Favor l * Grace * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Silence
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 17 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aishe Luminitse (Jaelle Nuri)
[section]

Her smile broadens as a platinum haired man approaches the posting and makes his introductions. "Well, and wouldn't we make quite a pair out gallivanting 'round the countryside?" She looks at Yosephus thoughtfully before continuing. "I like it! I am Aishe. I'm a fair hand with blade or bow, and have a smattering of skills that might prove useful in such a venture as this. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Yosephus."

When the statuesque redhead approaches as well and makes her remark, Aishe glances sidelong at her before facing her full on and holding out a hand to shake. "Hmmm . . . odd how, exactly, m'lady? As I told my new friend Yosephus, my name is Aishe."

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Taking 10 on Disguise Checks (for a 27).[/sblock]

Initiative: +03
AC: 17 (13 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 38/38
Senses: DarkVision (120’), Low-Light Vision Perception: +07
CMB: +06 CMD: 19
Fort: +05 Reflex: +07 Will: +01
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
~Ethane's Table~
[section]
Ethane took one look at all the cups turning color before asking Barlo "I'm guessing that happens alot here? The pranks? And the transformation into dragons?" He points over to the gold dragon that Barlo had addressed. Ethane still looked confused at the dragon before the sound of his stomach rumbling awoke him from his thinking. "Food, yes. It would not be the first time I have had frog legs. Granted, I ate them more out of survival needs than because I chose to. " He flags down the waitress Marla, and says "Can I get an order of the frog legs and a water, and whatever Barlo wants. Food and drink wise." He added quickly, thinking that Barlo might run him of his newest earnings if he does not specify.

Once Marla returns to the kitchen with both Ethane's and Barlo's order, Ethane looks back over at Barlo and says "If you don't mind me asking, what is your friend's name? I hope I could help look for your friend. Having just arrived I do not know Venza well, but maybe one of the regulars here might know more?" he suggested, hoping that Ethane was in the right to ask that.
[/section]

[sblock=Ethane Stats]
Ethane Beray
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 83/83
CMB: +07 CMD: 20
Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +14
Perception: +11
Initiative: +1
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear +14/+09 1d8+2 20/x3
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:

Level 0 Spells( 3 ): Light, Purify Food and Drink, Stabilize
Level 1 Spells(5+1): Shield*, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil
Level 2 Spells(5+1): Barkskin*, Grace, Resist Energy, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
Level 3 Spells(3+1): Protection from Energy*, Invisibility Purge, Magic Vestment, Prayer
Level 4 Spells(2+1): Spell Immunity*, Greater Magic Weapon, Freedom of Movement
Level 5 Spells(1+1): Quickened Shield*, Quickened Divine Favor
* Indicates Domain Spell

Extend Rod: 3/3 per Day
Deflection Aura: 1/1: 20' Aura +2 Deflection AC / CMD. Lasts for 9 rounds
Aura of Protection: 9/9: 30' aura; gain +1 deflection bonus, resistance 5 Fire/Electric/Sonic/Acid/Lightning
Channel: 3/3 5d6 30' burst.
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
~ Out in the common area~
[section]
Still keeping a check on Shadow even as Heinrich returns to human form. He smirks at Larissa's comment, and says "Yes indeed, it is always lively when we come here. Although I think this is the longest I have been in the inn in all my time here. I normally leave not long after I get here." Aradra looks at the door, expecting it to open when he said that.

Shadow, meanwhile, was still acting suspicious of Heinrich, and the loud dance msuic was not helping the wolf at all. "Allright, time for a walk. I'll be back. Hopefully the loud noises calm down by the time I return. Apologies Larissa, Melisande."

Spotting Charity now moved over near another group of adventurers, Aradra nods at her if before leading Shadow out of the Dunn Wright.

[/section]

[sblock=OOC]
I figure now is a good time for a shopping spree, but also loud noises + irritated wolf is a volatile combination.
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Upon being spoken to by Aishe, the rakishly dressed Venzan woman does a quick check to her opposite side. Seeing nobody there, she rhetorically asks in a weak, somewhat uncertain voice, "I said that out loud, didn't I? Hunh." Charity considers Aishe and, to a lesser extent, Yosephus, who towers behind her before speaking further. "Pleasure to meet you, Aishe. I am Charity, and this is Ro..." the woman begins, turning to her left and voice trailing off. Nobody is there. She sighs.

"I really do need to sit down with something to eat, soon," Charity continues, shifting subject somewhat. "But, to answer your question, I find this recruitment method somewhat odd. Only ready-made teams to be considered. I've not seen this before, in my admittedly limited experience. And I've not heard of this kingdom either, for that matter. I guess some footwork is in order." She looks around for someone or something, although it is not immediately obvious who or what.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ Common Room ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande nodded as Aradra excused himself and looked to leave the tavern with his wolf. “Farewell, Aradra and Shadow. Mayhap we shall meet again someday.” Considering she had been visiting the tavern off and on for a week or more, she thought it likely that she could be in the Dunn Wright Inn when the soldier returned.

Turning to Larissa she smiled. “Yes, I am His champion. I felt a calling to come here to Venza and aid the Chapter House in their time of difficulty. That appears to be under control and I am awaiting the sign from Helerion that will guide me towards the next threat of great evil that requires my expertise to vanquish.”

“And yourself, Larissa?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

~ At the table beside Ethane ~

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo ordered some lamb chops with rice and vegetables. It was simple enough fare and he laid out his own coin for the meal, not expecting the newcomer to buy his meal. He did order a bottle of elven wine and requested another goblet for Ethane.

He jovial as he said by way of explanation as he poured them both wine, “One must be careful of the water around here.”

However, Barlo became serious and a bit melancholy on the subject of his missing friend.
“Her name is Haleen. She and I knew each other from before and she started acting strange. You know women, when do they not act strange, eh?

“Anyway, I had heard she had come to the City of Glass and had taken work from this Tavern as many other adventurers are want to do. I have also had to undertake a few short jobs myself to pay for my stay here as well.”

“I have been asking around, but so far none had seen her recently or they have been away themselves.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hans%20Mancini_zpshu2f7gcu.jpg

After some time, Hans Mancini returned to the Dunn Wright Inn. First thing he did was stop at the bulletin board and pull down his parchment. He was careful not rip it.

He smoothed it out on an empty table right near the bulletin board, then took a seat to wait for some adventurers that saw his notice to come talk with him.

[sblock=GM Note]Official Recruitment for Don’t Let It Go!
Please read the rules (my standard rules for LPF games). Since the party is pretty much set, the four players can approach the table and reply in the IC thread instead of here.[/sblock]

Remove ads