Warner Bros. Rolling The Dice On New D&D Movie

Kaodi

Hero
Story is here: http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/dungeons-dragons-movie-warner-bros/

The studio is actually quite far along in the development of the project, as it will use a script by Wrath Of The Titans and Red Riding Hood scribe and Frank Darabont protege David Leslie Johnson. That script, Chainmail, was acquired last year as a free-standing project, based on an obscure game that was also hatched by D&D designer Gary Gygax before he and Dave Arneson launched D&D. It is being retro-fitted to fit the much bigger game creation. The film will be produced by The Lego Movie producer Roy Lee and Courtney Solomon.

Wrath of the Titans was not exactly an adventure in great film writing, though I was okay with Red Riding Hood. Solomon being brought on as a producer makes me more wary. Hopefully though if they are at least sinking enough money into it to take a real stab at the prize, it will attain the status of a watchable, mildly enjoyable D&D film.

Kaodi

Hero
Oops. Guess I missed it. I did take a glance at the threads at the top of the forum. Evidently not close enough...

Remove ads