ZEITGEIST 1001 things PCs are totally allowed to do in Zeitgeist campaign

hirou

Explorer
That's splendid! I mean, if they'd actually killed Kell that early, it'd muck a few things up later as far as Adventure Five, but nothing insurmountable. Good on them for trying.

I'd suggest adding a scene now where a PC is coming home from work and spots the door to a neighbor's house open a crack, then hears a commotion inside, since the Kell Guild has sent someone to murder the neighbor and keep an eye on the PC, so they can murder the PC when he sleeps. (I'm not a fan of 'punishing' the players, so having the Kell-Guild murder the neighbor without giving the PC a chance to respond is a bit un-fun.)
Delft will have a word of advice for players... Thankfully, they didn't announce their affiliation with RHC, so it'll take some time for Kell to track them. Meanwhile I'm planning on Cippiano stepping in and pulling a small favor for the party as a mean of expressing his gratitude. My main concern is the party underestimating the danger they put themselves in, but I'm fully committed to PC murder if it comes to this...
Also

40. Somehow the debate with archeology professor in "Thinking man" naturally went to 3 PCs taking 3 different positions on the topic of government and power, like "bad cop", "good cop" and "arbiter", without any prior planning. One resorted to intimidation, another protected status quo with solid reasoning and the third was willing to actually listen and make his own opinion on the go.

Last edited:

Elfshire

First Post
41. My technologist going suddenly and inexplicably mad-scientist on me by requisitioning a false blood amulet to make himself into a living construct, then installing a command circlet into his own cranium to give himself telepathy. As a result, he can now communicate with Alexander Grappa without needing to rebuild his body... it's not even Chapter 4 yet.

Elfshire

First Post
Wow. How's that turning out?

Well, it's not gamebreaking, thankfully. They got his info early, but there's nothing they can do to act on it until A) they find a way into the Bleak Gate in Chapter 5, and B) actually get around to rebuilding Grappa.

Side note: the gunsmith of the group thinks the party can get into the Bleak Gate early by using ritual magic to reassemble the shattered links found at the scene of Grappa's death into a working amulet, but all they're going to find is an Ob ambush :)

As for the technologist, Hugo, I'm looking ahead in the story to see where his living construct abilities might affect things... he'll probably have an advantage in Chapter 6, being immune to the Agony Gas and Pardo's aura. But he'll not have so much luck against Leone Quital in Chapter 7, depending on how much metal is in his body. In the meantime, Pemberton is going to be QUITE interested in this little trick... maybe even use it as inspiration for the duplicants.

hirou

Explorer
42. Taking Eberardo hostage, among with everyone else on the street, by threatening to blow up the firedust-loaded wagon with a grenade.
43. Ending the unruly workers blockade in Parity lake by blowing the gates of the factory off. Poor horse in that wagon though.

HenryLockwood

First Post
44: Make vague and unspecific promises to Kell, regarding a favour to be provided some time in the future in exchange for the location of the Doctor.
45: Lead Quital's crew on a chase through the slums, into Kell-guild territory, then spark a fight between the two groups by firing a bullet from the correct angle (with a very good Bluff check).

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
46. Get arrested along with Mister Mapple, meaning you get thrown into the arena to fight alongside him.
47. Tame the Dire Bear you're supposed to be fighting, and then lead a gladiator rebellion on Direbearback.
48. Be Kasvarina Varal, with so much magical amnesia that you don't even remember your name or realize you're fighting against your own conspiracy.

Rugult

On Call GM
49. Forming a bond with Julian LeBrix over shooting women in the back (as one PC did with Sokana Reel).

50. Realize that the notes on those three mummies was left by Ryan to :):):):) them later one when said zombies wake up.

51. Using their boat to ram another boat in Adventure 2 despite there being a sidebar explaining why ramming was not important given how small the PCs boat is. It was. They were ramming life boats.

52. Making one well timed Sense Motive check against Reed Macbannin.

53. Deciding Stover Delft is based on the commissioner from the Simpsons McBain Sketch.

54. Deciding Stover Delft plays lots of golf, and everyone the PCs target is another one of Delft's golf buddies.

55. Shouting "MACBANNIN" in the vein of "MENDOZA" from the McBain skit.

mort655

Explorer
56. Paying to have the orphan from the Ekosigan plot resurrected and then adopting him. The Halfling PC in my game now has a ward, and allowed him to choose a new name...which is now Thunder Sword. T.S. for short.

57. After cracking the ring code, using Cippiano's gift from Adventure 5 to masquerade as the renowned Risuri stylist "Felix!" in order to get access to Lya Jierre and look at her own rings under the guise of giving her a manicure. It's doubly funny, because the PC pretending to be "Felix!" was the gruff-looking Yerasol Veteran.

hirou

Explorer
58. Knocking Cillian Creed unconscious in Hiding in plain sight encounter (not giving him chance to flee)
59. Tying 32 (thirty two) grenades to him before letting him out in response to Leone Quintal demands. This actually put Leone into bloodied, despite his improvised shield
60. Mostly surviving the ensuing fight. 4 players more or less escaped, one pixie is trapped in the chapel, party healer is up on the hill side and may or may not escape without being seen

I think, with this encounter, ALL the fractions of the campaign will finally know that this particular RHC group is hard to negotiate with or put a pressure on... Morgan Cippiano already invited them for a cup of coffee and was very polite...

Remove ads