ELEMENTAL EVIL Player's Companion - FREE!

The Elemental Evil Player's Companion is available for free download over at DTRPG (and RPGNow). It includes new races (aarakocra, deep gnome, genasi, and goliath) and ove 40 new spells. The PDF is a full-colour 25-page PDF; according to the first page, the genasi in chapter 1 and all of the spells in chapter 2 also appear in the appendices of Princes of the Apocalypse, the adventure due to hit store shelves very soon.

The Elemental Evil Player's Companion is available for free download over at DTRPG (and RPGNow). It includes new races (aarakocra, deep gnome, genasi, and goliath) and ove 40 new spells. The PDF is a full-colour 25-page PDF; according to the first page, the genasi in chapter 1 and all of the spells in chapter 2 also appear in the appendices of Princes of the Apocalypse, the adventure due to hit store shelves very soon.

"Not inherently evil, elemental power can be mastered by those with both malevolent and benign intentions. The Elemental Evil Player’s Companion provides everything players need to build a character that is tied directly into the Elemental Evil storyline.

New race options include the aarakocra, deep gnome, genasi, and goliath. Additionally, a plethora of new spells put the elements directly at your command.

The Elemental Evil Player’s Companion, was original designed by Richard Baker, Robert J. Schwalb and Stephen Schubert, with additional design and development by Wizards D&D R&D.

This accessory is specifically meant to support the Elemental Evil–Princes of the Apocalypse adventure product."

145542.jpg

DaveDash

Explorer
As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm pretty happy with the spell list. There is the return of a few old spells in there.

No Cleric spells though which is interesting?

delericho

Legend
I take it this was the free supplement that was announced when they 'cancelled' the "Adventurer's Handbook"? Or is that something else?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
They had mentioned that they intend to do something along the line of "Adventure path + players guide" as major fixtures in the publishing schedule.

This would be the player's guide portion of that. I would expect that some descendant of the Temple of Elemental Evil will be the Adventure.

Osgood

Adventurer
I'm pretty disappointed there aren't any feats (other than the gnome one) or sub-class options. I was really hoping we'd see an elemental cleric and warlock build. If this is all the content they had in mind, I can see why this never went to print. I guess I can't complain too much, it was free after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads