D&D 5E magic items for druid?

Erik Westmarch

First Post
Hi! I just found this thread via Google Search. Here's an item I created for my campaign-

HIGH DRUID’S OPAL
Uncommon, Requires Attunement

This small fire opal (about ¼ inch across) is oval in shape and flat on one side. The opal is set in a plain gold setting with a small gold snake about 4” long attached to one end by its tail, and a small handlebar on the other.

Once attuned, the owner can place the flat side of the opal anywhere on their body and it will attach there. While the owner lives only the will of the owner, Dispel Magic (for 1 minute), or an Antimagic Field can remove it once attached.

If the opal is attached to the wrist or ankle the snake will on its own accord slither around the limb and bite the handlebar, forming a bracelet or anklet. The snake will magically lengthen or constrict to fit any size limb snugly.

If the opal is attached anywhere else on the body the snake will coil around the opal twice and close its eyes, seemingly going to sleep.

When placed around the wrist, the owner may cast Mage Hand as per the cantrip, but without requiring V or S components.

When placed on the forehead, the owner may cast Message as per the cantrip, but without requiring V, S, or M components.

When placed around the ankle your Speed (for all forms of movement) increases by 10.

The Opal may be moved once per day without effect, however upon being moved a second time it will cease to grant its user any special abilities until the following dawn.

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
Here's one that I've used in a campaign I run for a druid character.

Bag of the Giant’s Wrath
Wondrous Item, Very Rare, Requires attunement by a Druid

This appears to be a normal pouch that hangs at your hip full of pebbles. As an action, you can reach into the bag to pull out a handful of pebbles and throw them, striking an area within 60’. The pebbles transform midair into boulders striking all in a radius within 10’ of the spot you chose to throw the pebbles. Those within the area of effect must make a Dexterity Save with your Spell Save DC or take 4d6 bludgeoning damage. A successful save results in taking only half damage. Once this ability is used twice, the pouch remains empty until you complete a long rest.

grondthedruid

First Post
I had a similar issue and my DM let me buy two homebrew items that I really liked:

Squirrel figurine: allowed me to wild shape into < CR1 forms at will. This allows me to not waste a wild shape for role playing purposes. I'm looking forward to trying to spy in a wild shape form (perhaps wonder through the enemies camp as a milk cow, I dunno).

Amulet granting non-verbal casting: Basically I can caste three spells while in wild form during a long rest. I was finding it frustrating to cast a concentration spell, change into form and then want to change spells, but feeling stuck because I didn't want to waste the HP from one of the forms. May be too OP. We'll see.

Riley37

First Post
How many pillars does your game include?

I played a moon druid who had a helm of telepathy. Never used it *in combat*. Used it a LOT for exploration and interaction.

Casting a spell before wildshaping is often useful. Thus, any magic item which allows more spellcasting, such as a ring of spell storing, scrolls, etc. Also prayer beads, for healing between combats.

If the PCs win fights without the druid ever getting knocked out of wildshape, then combat-relevant magic items are not necessary, or even very relevant. If the druid DOES get reduced to 0 HP while in wildshape, and thus reverts to normal form, then a magic item which provides protection or healing, right after that reversion, is a good thing. Especially if it's the second use of wildshape, or the druid used both to wildshape as elemental, and thus the druid can't wildshape again. Dragon scale mail has already been mentioned.

bschrempp

Villager
Take any magic item that is worn in the DMG and make it a leather collar. The collar (choker) can be worn when in wild shape form. Put some natural adornments on it, bone clasp, stones studs, embossed leaves or animals.

Collar of Defense (bracers)
Collar of Shield (Broach)
Collar of Water Breathing (cloak)
Just walk through the magic items in the DMG until you find the power you want to give and move it to a collar. When in wild shape, the collar is around the neck of the beast.

One issue my planer has is speech when in wild form. She has trouble communicating with the party. A collar of common speech. When placed around the neck of an animal they are able to speak the common language (or pick a language). If the druid wears this, when they wild shape, they can choose to wear it around the neck of the beast and it grants them the ability to speak to the party. Could also just give them the ability to speak in any language they know. Make it wild, the leather collar is embossed with many faces, elves, dwarfs, humans, ... When they use the power the appropriate face on the collar "speaks".

bschrempp

Villager
A chain collar made of bark. It allows the wearer to cast Barkskin on themselves at will X times a day without V S M. The power recharges at midnight.

Embellish the collar give it engraved oak leaves on it.

Remove ads