sex vs. violence

alsih2o

First Post
i am wondering if the introduction of the BOEF may cause a new splinter group of gamers. is it possible that we will look up in a couple of years and find that roleplayers who enjoy gaming and the sexuality but abhor the violence have become a seperate but related group?

i know people who enjoy sexually themed activities and find violence reprehensible (even the representation of violence, from kung fu movies to first person shooters) and others who can watch heads getting blown off all day but find sexuality as something to be hidden, denied or giggled about, unacceptable on some level.

is it possible that a division along then lines of larp/pnp may arise?

if so is it a good thing or bad? if not, why do you think not?

Last edited:

seasong

First Post
I don't think it's likely to split anymore than it already is. Our group enjoys both, for example.

There are groups that adore one and abhor the other, but they've always existed, and game products that cater to one or the other are not going to cause them to change.

ejja_1

First Post
Hmmmmmm

An erotic adult themed LARP?
Sounds like something you could get arrested for, but if that article that was on the boards about the LARPers that got cuaght with one of them naked in the trunk has any truth to it then this stuff has been going on for awhile.
Hmmmm might be a market for source books and such....

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I need sex in my D&D game about as much as I need violence in real life.

Conversely, I could use as much sex in real life as gaming serves up the sweet, satisfying violence.

Of course I'd have less time for gaming then... Ahh, the timeless geeks' dilemma.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I think you may see more border line games but nothing beyond what is going on at this time. DMs will still work with their players to provide a good gaming table, players will leave or have issues with those that do not give them the games they are looking for.

I don't think a book will change the nature of the game, people do and while there is a sex game version for every game, they really do keep things to themselves.

A saving from sometime ago...
If you don't think sex is violent, try moving around some!

KnowTheToe

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:

Conversely, I could use as much sex in real life as gaming serves up the sweet, satisfying violence.

Of course I'd have less time for gaming then... Ahh, the timeless geeks' dilemma.

Ditto
What he said
I agree
You said it brother
AMEN

Balsamic Dragon

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:

True, in fact, I think this is why there will never be as much sex in roleplaying games as violence. If I am in the mood for sex, why would I invite a bunch of people over to talk about sex, when I have a wonderful husband with whom I could have a lot more fun?

On the other hand, when I am in the mood to beat people's heads until their brains leak out of their skulls, it is unlikely that I will find anything to better satisfy this urge then roleplaying ;)

Balsamic Dragon

alsih2o

First Post
bd + bc, i se your point completely, but the three of us speak from monogmous relationships, and had part of our rearing before sex was deadly.

Remove ads