🏳️‍🌈Pride Month- Celebrating Representation in TTRPGs🏳️‍🌈

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
The surprising thing about SJG is that they have been openly LGBTQ friendly for a long time, despite being in one of the, uhm, less enlightened states...
They're in Austin though, and Austin is basically Portland, except hot, dry, and with actual diversity.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
...and, again, in Texas.

At this point, being in certain states (such as Texas or Florida) is tantamount to being a frog in water with the temperature slowly increasing, and hoping it hasn't hit boiling yet.
This is true. No matter how progressive an enclave inside it might be, there are still parts of my country where the state can legally take my daughter away from me if she enters it.

It's a good thing that place isn't home to popular children's destin- oh crap

aramis erak

Legend
This is true. No matter how progressive an enclave inside it might be, there are still parts of my country where the state can legally take my daughter away from me if she enters it.

It's a good thing that place isn't home to popular children's destin- oh crap
In 2003, I found out that, in Florida, the only people who can legally spank children are school principals. (Source: airport police captain at Tampa Int'l.) If you're not white heteronormative protestant christian, check the laws about children before travelling.

Even if white, heteronormative, protestant christian, still, check the laws that may affect you. Certain religious observances may not have protection under local laws when applied to your children, natural or otherwise.

Oh, and from personal experience, it really helps to have a federal senator's home and office numbers in your phone's directory...

MGibster

Legend
In 2003, I found out that, in Florida, the only people who can legally spank children are school principals. (Source: airport police captain at Tampa Int'l.) If you're not white heteronormative protestant christian, check the laws about children before travelling.
So I went through the trouble or hiring a principal to spank me for no reason?

In game related news, Strahd from Curse of Strahd is bisexual. He's got himself a pretty boy locked up in that castle of his. In Delta Green, Reinhardt Galt, a literal Nazi who engages in cannibalistic rituals that make him immortal, likes to invite attractive women and pretty men to his compound where he romances and then murders them.

aramis erak

Legend
So I went through the trouble or hiring a principal to spank me for no reason?

In game related news, Strahd from Curse of Strahd is bisexual. He's got himself a pretty boy locked up in that castle of his. In Delta Green, Reinhardt Galt, a literal Nazi who engages in cannibalistic rituals that make him immortal, likes to invite attractive women and pretty men to his compound where he romances and then murders them.
Most depictions of Vampires have them as enrapturing their prey, without regard to gender.
The Vampire need not be sexual, but the prey is often shown to feel it as a sexual embrace, not just a life draining one. Sometimes it's subtextual, someones it's overt. But that Dracula kept poor Renfield halfway between vampirism and mortal... the original is a classic case of subtext reading... there are several which seem stretches... such as Dracula/Renfield being a closeted homoerotic relationship...
Vampirism is, at least in fiction since 1800, often used to subtextually examine non-heteronormative relationships. Interview with a Vampire comes to mind. As does Forever Knight.

MGibster

Legend
Most depictions of Vampires have them as enrapturing their prey, without regard to gender.
Curse of Strahd pg. 10 said:
Strahd can be seductive and subtle when he chooses to be, especially if a person is clever or attractive. Men and women of beauty and cunning amuse Strahd for a time - playthings to possess or discard as he desires.

While exploring Castle Ravenloft, the players might come across Escher, a handsome young man, who the book describes as a "consort" of Strahd.

Sometimes it's subtextual, someones it's overt.
With Strahd, it's on the overt side of the text here.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The Vampire need not be sexual, but the prey is often shown to feel it as a sexual embrace, not just a life draining one. Sometimes it's subtextual, someones it's overt. But that Dracula kept poor Renfield halfway between vampirism and mortal... the original is a classic case of subtext reading... there are several which seem stretches... such as Dracula/Renfield being a closeted homoerotic relationship...
Vampirism is, at least in fiction since 1800, often used to subtextually examine non-heteronormative relationships. Interview with a Vampire comes to mind. As does Forever Knight.
And Guillermo came out on What We Do In The Shadows.

Remove ads