D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse (Interest Check)

tglassy

Adventurer
This is the OOC thread, not the IC thread, no need to block off your post.

But yeah, i was thinking a map would make things easier. I've never been good at making them, but I did find an app that might be helpful. I'll see about getting one put together.

Mainly, you've got some hills and the fort is on one of them. The fort isn't much, just a central building with a wall. The building is two, maybe three stories tall, made of stone. The walls are thick and skeletons are walking along them, keeping watch, which is hard since they don't have eyes. There is a large gate, which is shut, and some trees interspersed here and there which provide a little cover. There really isn't much of a way to sneak close to the fort without being seen, though with Pass Without Trace, you might be able to manage it. It'd be a pretty high DC, though, because there's just nowhere to hide. You could safely get within, say, 150 ft of the fort before needing a stealth role. Closer than that and you'll be spotted without one. And since the skeletons have longbows, they'll be able to fire on you.

Thankfully, the skeletons are spread out on the wall, circling it an even distant from each other, so it would take a few moments for all of them to get to your side once you've been spotted. So you'd only have to deal with one the first round, then three the second, then all six. You don't know about anything else inside the fort.

Just to add some urgency, on Saturday I'm going to post another attempt for the hunting parties to find you. You've still got Pass Without Trace, so you are likely fine, but the longer you deliberate, the more likely they'll find you. If they do, things get interesting. Might want to decide what you're doing quickly.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Or they would hear the combat or blow a horn or something and we would fight all of them at once or in two or three waves - we kill one, the other comes then last two come combined :)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Or they would hear the combat or blow a horn or something and we would fight all of them at once or in two or three waves - we kill one, the other comes then last two come combined :)
It'll probably happen in either circumstance. But we aren't likely to ambush the skeletons unless Shayuri comes back and happens to have enough castings of invisibility to get us into the place without setting off an alarm.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION], if we get to 150 feet safely and then stealth, how close we COULD come? Potentially...that is, is there a chance to literally walk to the walls? Count Dash into it, we will need protection of the door so skeletons cannot easily target us. And what type of the door are we talking about? i.e. how long it takes to open them? If it can be done in one round, I'd go over and open them (there are usually smaller door in the big gate) - but if not, lets go after the group we know of. Just lets get moving :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases