D&D 5E 3 Years Later: D&D's total Domination on Amazon (and Earth in General)

darjr

I crit!
Looks like starfinder is back in stock at Amazon and it's recovering it's rank. graph starfinder recovering 9-23-2017.PNGstarfinder numbers 9-23-2017.PNG

mearls

Hero
Wonder why the dip last Christmas. You'd think it'd be the other way.

From what I can tell, sales rank becomes less reliable around holidays or other events that spur a lot of book sales. In the US at Christmas, you have a lot of kids' book and holiday-themed books that bounce up to fill the top rankings. Overall far more books move in total at that time. Your daily sales could go up at Christmas while your rank drops quite a bit.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
From what I can tell, sales rank becomes less reliable around holidays or other events that spur a lot of book sales. In the US at Christmas, you have a lot of kids' book and holiday-themed books that bounce up to fill the top rankings. Overall far more books move in total at that time. Your daily sales could go up at Christmas while your rank drops quite a bit.

Wow, thanks for joining the thread!

Sexy Truth or Dare, always the big game 'book' around Feb 14.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Playing around with camel camel camel, thanks to [MENTION=52905]darjr[/MENTION] for the tip.

Looking at some of the adventures:

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 3.51.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 3.55.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 3.53.14 PM.png

TftYP turns out to be the one with the highest peak to date. It and CoS have both done well. Need more time for ToA.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Tomb of Annihilation is ranked #312 in Books today, October 3, 2017.
Starfinder is ranked #2,687 in Books.
PHB is ranked #96 in Books.
5e Starter Set is #891 in Books.
DMG is #301 in Books.
MM is #326 in Books.

PMárk

Explorer
As far as I'm concerned, D&D doing well (which I think is pretty clear) is good for two reasons:

- it might induce WotC to pick up their settings, novel lines, etc. thus making me interested again in the game, which I'm only marginally is right now

- more people coming in could mean more potential players for other games, given time. Though, I'm not sure how big is the crossing, since most of the new crowd was made up from the casual gamers, brought in by the cross-media hype. But sure, some of them will probably try other things out, eventually, so it's still good.

Aside from that, I'm more interested seeing Paizo doing well, Chaosium doing well, Catalyst doing well, etc. Also, I really, really hope WW will do well with Vampire's 5th edition.

Remove ads