[5E] [OOC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Closed)

tglassy

Adventurer
They’re a support class, like bards, though built right they can also solo. I wasn’t sure about the turrets either. I don’t have to go this route, it’s just a character I’d like to play at some point. I can keep thinking if you’d rather I did something more normal. My other concept is a Neutral Good human fiend warlock who made a bad deal in a moment of stress.

tglassy

Adventurer
I’ve decided going against Warlock, as I have played so many of them. And I think I’d rather wait to play an Artificer until after it is officially launched. Let them get all the bugs out.

So now I’m looking at a Human Sorcerer, but I’m leaning between a Draconic Sorcerer or a Divine Soul. If I go Draconic, he’d be a grappler (it’s crazy effective with the Prodigy Feat and Enlarge/Reduce). So…sort of a Melee Support character. He holds people down for other people to wail on. An Twinning his Enlarge/Reduce would help one of the other front liners as well.

The Divine Soul would be more of a ranged support character, with healing and buffs and ranged AOE attacks. Likely fire based. It looks like we are in need of a healer, depending on what the Aasimar ends up being.
Thoughts?

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Both a draconic sorcerer and divine soul would provide some interesting roleplay with Surina (Dragonborn LG Devotional Paladin). She's likely to feel both a kinship with a draconic sorcerer and some conflict over a human with draconic connections. With divine soul, she'd be drawn to the divine connection: maybe even a bid envious of it, depending? Connection to the divine is very important to Surina, but she still tends to think in either/or absolutist categories. She can be a bit judgmental about those situations and persons that don't fit her neat little categories. Everett, for example, really annoyed her early on, as she is suspicious of noble types anyway, and he didn't seem to take anything very seriously.

In all honesty, I'm kind of hit or miss with RP; it's my weakest aspect as a player. But I've been trying to stretch myself with Surina when I have the mental energy to do so.

Then there's the fact that the PCs that Surina has had the easiest time interacting with (Keth and Zadolix) have both faded out. So maybe RP options with Surina are a bit dangerous?

In terms of balance, while Surina has healing capabilities, I've discovered that she's angrier than I realized at first, and is more likely to use her spell slots for smiting. So you aren't stepping on her toes/her role if you opt for a healer build with divine soul.

tglassy

Adventurer
I think I'm going to go with the Draconic Sorcerer. A human that has dragon blood somewhere in his ancestry, and it has been unleashed!

I was just thinking about the interactions with everyone, and we've got a Dragonborn and a Barbarian, and since my Dragonic Sorcerer is a grappler, and has Dragon Blood, it stands to reason that he'd have an interesting relationship with those two.

I'll get him written up here in a bit. Right now I just need to choose a Draconic Heritage. I've always wanted to do Blue, as I like the look, but I'm also partial to Gold, as Fire gets the best spells, and getting a boost to fire spells would be nice.

tglassy

Adventurer
Both a draconic sorcerer and divine soul would provide some interesting roleplay with Surina (Dragonborn LG Devotional Paladin). She's likely to feel both a kinship with a draconic sorcerer and some conflict over a human with draconic connections. With divine soul, she'd be drawn to the divine connection: maybe even a bid envious of it, depending? Connection to the divine is very important to Surina, but she still tends to think in either/or absolutist categories. She can be a bit judgmental about those situations and persons that don't fit her neat little categories. Everett, for example, really annoyed her early on, as she is suspicious of noble types anyway, and he didn't seem to take anything very seriously.

In all honesty, I'm kind of hit or miss with RP; it's my weakest aspect as a player. But I've been trying to stretch myself with Surina when I have the mental energy to do so.

Then there's the fact that the PCs that Surina has had the easiest time interacting with (Keth and Zadolix) have both faded out. So maybe RP options with Surina are a bit dangerous?

In terms of balance, while Surina has healing capabilities, I've discovered that she's angrier than I realized at first, and is more likely to use her spell slots for smiting. So you aren't stepping on her toes/her role if you opt for a healer build with divine soul.

I like the picture of a Dragonborn having conflicting emotions towards a human with Dracon Blood. That's one of the reasons why I went that direction.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
[5E] [OOC/Recruiting] JM's A Bit of Trouble (one spot open)

Heh, sounds fun. I’m also intrigued at the idea of Surina and my soon-to-be-finished aasimar drunken master and their interactions... They’ll know of each other, at least, with her family of vintners.

Brother Pelegon (name not definitive) lives as a hermit near town for a few years, and is mostly known as a drunk. He moved here after his wife died, and that’s pretty much anyone knows.

The truth is, he killed his wife after discovering she was a succubus sent to put him on the path of evil, and despite knowing what she was, he misses her greatly. He said goodbye to the monastery he has called home for his entire life, and withdrew from the world. The alcohol helped somewhat to cope with the pain and to avoid listening to the voice of his well-meaning but ultimately not understanding angelic guide.

Being captured by lizardfolk while sleeping off his drunken revelry was a wakeup call that there is no refuge from one’s destiny. Just give him one more drink, he’ll quit tomorrow!

Remove ads