[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

Thateous

Explorer
Everett shrugs at the Surina's question, again wishing he hadn't partied so hard in school. He will go investigate the book mentioned by the citizen, then he will thank the crazy citizen for his invaluable help before joining the group in setting the ambush.

Everett goes to the main lizardfolk tent. It is spartan inside, with a table and some stools in the center. A pair of sleep areas flank the center of the room. Over by the left sleep area is another table with a book on it. It is a spellbook, written with a neat hand. It contains the following spells:
1st Level: False Life, Feather Fall, Sleep, Thunderwave
2nd Level: Gentle Repose, Hold Person, Magic Weapon, See Invisibility
3rd Level: Animate Dead, Vampiric Touch​
There are also pen, ink, and paper supplies equal to 250 gp here. While flipping through the pages of the book, you find a separate slip of paper. It reads:
[sblock="Draconic"]Finish up. We are behind schedule and short of resources. Start on East End immediately.

(Unsigned)[/sblock]

Thateous

Explorer
Everett heads to thank the brave human who charged along side them into battle before joining his companions and showing them the note.

The man is sitting on the cart waiting at the west entrance to the camp. "Are you well, Mr. Tillerson?" The brave man says. "My name is Jacen. We all appreciate you and your companions coming to rescue us. I figured I should help out. I have known your cousin all my life. My wife and I own the house next to his. She didn't make it."

Thateous

Explorer
"I'm sorry for your loss. Once this is over there will be time to mourn. For no I must seek vengeance for those who can not. I shall not forget you Jacen. Stay safe."

As Everett is talking with him, a few other people walk up. "We were wondering," an older woman says. "Some of the recent people who came here tell us that Leed's End is mostly abandoned. Should we return to Leed's Crossing? Or should we go to East End? Or even further away? Some of us have family in East End. But most of us lost everything if Leed's Crossing is gone."

(GM: The other party members could easily have overheard this exchange. Swithun and Valdral have news from East End of course. But that news is, they have no idea what has happened in Leed's Crossing.)

Thateous

Explorer
"This force was headed for East End next. Perhaps our actions stopped that, or perhaps a different force will be sent. No way of knowing. I'm afraid it's to risky to take a chance with people's lives. Go there warn them of what's in the area and that they could be next. It's their decision what to do next." He says.

eayres33

Explorer
Valdral shakes his head slightly as he approaches Everett and the townsfolk. “One of my companions and I have come from East End, and at this moment we do not know what has happened in Leed’s Crossing, I was actually hoping you would be able to give us some more information.”

“That doesn’t seem to be the case however, the Gods are with us though, and we will see this to the end.” Valdral forced a smile.

"These reptile men," a man begins, pausing to spit at this point, "have been raiding outlying farms for about a month, one by one kidnapping everyone on the farm and taking everything of value from their farm. They used magic to put us to sleep and then bound us and brought us here. Based on discussions with the people who were brought here before us, all of the farms north and east of Leed's Crossing have been raided. There are about fifty of us still here in this camp. Hundreds of other people must have been taken from this camp off into the swamps. No one but those kobolds have every come back on the carts after leaving this camp to the east. Only the gods know what has happened or is happening to those people.

"They must have been winding down. There is sleeping space here in the camp for over 40 of the little ones and maybe 20 of the big ones. But there are far fewer bodies that you heroes defeated."

Zadolix says, "We defeated a large number of kobolds defending the Inn at Leed's Crossing last night. So that might be why they were not full strength here. The inn suffered fire damage. We sent the survivors south to Bit. The mayor is hoping he can convince the noble houses to send troops up here."

"Yes, but that will take time. What about all of our friends lost to the Great Swamp?" The woman asks.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases