The Holds of Vendalyr Out Now For WOIN
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

The Holds of Vendalyr Out Now For WOIN

The second in the series of alien race sourcebooks is out for What's OLD is NEW fans. The Holds of Vendalyr delves into the mysteries of the (colloquially named) Venetian race, who have colonized the Beehive Cluster, about 180 parsecs from Sol. The PDF is out now, with the softcover coming to DTRPG and Amazon very soon.

Name:  holds.jpg
Views: 20405
Size:  274.9 KB

DELVE INTO THE MYSTERIES OF THIS ANCIENT RACE!

The Venetians are a long-lived race, with an origin far in the distant past. Advanced science, powerful psionics, and deadly martial prowess are just some of the traits for which this philosophical race is known.

This book contains never-seen-before information about Vendalyr, the Venetian homeworld, along with Venetian culture, law, language, and society.

Learn about the ancient Venetian martial arts, new technology, and more. This book contains 7 Venetian careers, 4 Venetian martial arts, a range of new universal and psionic
    exploits, 8 unique Venetian technological items, 6 NPCs, and 5 Venetian starships!

This books requires the use of a What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. core rulebook.

Find it in PDF here. Softcovers coming soon!

Also check out the first in the series, The Moons of Boria!

Name:  cont.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  712.1 KB

Name:  int.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  499.7 KB

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

I downloaded it straight away because I was so keen to peruse it but I will be buying the softcover version as soon as it goes on sale. First impressions are highly favourable. Thumbs up, guys!
    XP Morrus, M3woods gave XP for this post

Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

XP Vampifan gave XP for this post

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

I'll pick this up soon! Looks great!
    Laugh M3woods laughed with this post

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

For anyone interested, I've posted my Venetian dictionary to an online translator. There's only about 5000 words there so you'll get many words popping up without translation.

https://lingojam.com/English-VendalyrnTranslator
    XP Morrus gave XP for this post

Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

Wow!
    XP M3woods gave XP for this post

My Amazon copy arrived today - just flipped through, and so far, very pleased. I liked the Moons of Boria, but Vendalyr resonates a bit more for me. Good stuff.
    Laugh M3woods laughed with this post

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian I View Post
    My Amazon copy arrived today - just flipped through, and so far, very pleased. I liked the Moons of Boria, but Vendalyr resonates a bit more for me. Good stuff.
    Thank you. The Holds of Vendalyr was a great book to write. I'm proud of the finished work, though there were moments when I doubted any of it would make sense to anyone but me. It was definitely a learning experience. Glad you enjoy it.

Now, if I could only get this Felan book to fall in line and make some sense.
    Laugh Brian I laughed with this post

It's definitely a fun read. I like the way the Venetians worked out. I was expecting an elf and/or Vulcan sort of clone, and was glad they're not really either.

Definitely like the inclusion of Venetian martial arts and stances (the tilts), especially with my copy of NOW having arrived a few days prior. I'll want to see some Felan martial arts now (to make your job tougher).

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian I View Post
    It's definitely a fun read. I like the way the Venetians worked out. I was expecting an elf and/or Vulcan sort of clone, and was glad they're not really either.

Definitely like the inclusion of Venetian martial arts and stances (the tilts), especially with my copy of NOW having arrived a few days prior. I'll want to see some Felan martial arts now (to make your job tougher).
    Sorry, no Felan martial arts. Their's is a game of cunning subterfuge and manipulative social one-upmanship. I've been playing with some new social mechanics. I hope they work out because they really define the Felans, in my mind.
    Laugh Brian I laughed with this post