Seeker Patron Warlock

marshmandr

Villager
Any ideas what a Seeker Patron would want from the warlock?

If I'm in just a general adventuring group squashing giant rats etc. how much knowledge gathering do I have to do? Would finding 1 forgotten tome keep the Gods happy? Does it need to be a constant mission to unearth knowledge?

How does breaking the pact with the more forgiving seeker deity go?

neogod22

Explorer
Any ideas what a Seeker Patron would want from the warlock?

If I'm in just a general adventuring group squashing giant rats etc. how much knowledge gathering do I have to do? Would finding 1 forgotten tome keep the Gods happy? Does it need to be a constant mission to unearth knowledge?

How does breaking the pact with the more forgiving seeker deity go?
That's up to you and your DM. The pact could've been made for services rendered, or you could be on a mission searching for some rare tome the entity you made a pact with is looking for and only you can find it. The great thing about warlocks is that you can choose how your pact was formed and what the details are. It's up to hour DM if a pact could actually be broken, but I remember seeing a video with Mearls saying that a warlock pact is a permanent deal. Once it's made, there's no going back.

If the seeker's patron is mad at the warlock, then that is what flunkies are for....

Even if the DM and the player decide that the warlock has to pay during the course of the adventure, it could be a one-time payment that comes towards the end of the adventure sequence (say the warlock finds the Big Book at level 11 and has to give it up). My party hasn't had a seeker warlock, but if they did, I would probably run the patron as empowering warlocks to be mine sniffers (yes the warlock is just like a lowly summoned monster): bad things happen to everyone who tries to get Magguffin X, and I watch through the eyes of my warlocks to see what happens to them so I can map it out (they should be extra suspicious if the patron gives them a map with instructions up to a certain point :devil:).

Remove ads