D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Pathetic..."

The ice cracked and broke free as Mord flexed his legs. He raised his dagger to point at the alchemist, firing off a pair of bolts at the creature.

OOC: Str Save:: 1d20 20

Assuming Mord still gets advantage from the 'darkness' he also gets DA from being in melee. So I'll make normal rolls for this attack.

Eldritch Blast: 2#1d20+8 16 20 2#1d10+4 8 10

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn grunted as the troll barreled into him, but his magical defences absorbed most of the blow. But now they were gone. It was time to hit back, hard.

Again, he barked, the old campaigner instincts kicking in. "The one in front! Everyone hit it now. Lokfald, get some oil ready, we need fire!"

He didn't feel like Lokfald chucking a javelin in his back - that last one had flown by inches from his head!

He didn't know if it was the right time... but he hated trolls.

"I, Kalorn, curse you, with one voice. Thus!" (bonus action hexblade curse)

His curse pronounced, starting to see red, he attacked the troll towering over him.

Attack 1 [roll0]
Attack 1 [roll1]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: I don't think I have to roll for damage here... :/

[sblock=minisheet]Kalorn of Mulmaster, the cursed sell-sword (Fighter(eldrich knight) 3/Warlock(hexblade) 5; alt-human, soldier)
HP: 62/63, Hit dice: 8/8
Temp HP: 0/7
AC: 16 Temp AC:
Passive Perception 15
Saves: Str: +5, Dex: -1, Con: +5, Int: +0 , Wis: +2, Cha: +3
Warlock slots remaining = 1/2. EK slots remaining = 2/2
Action surge = 1/1. Second wind = 1/1, hexblade curse = 0/1
Potions of healing remaining: 6[/sblock]

Fradak

Explorer
"Two reckless Kobolds... Let see if they worth the effort." Levitating on his board, Lorenn drew his rapier and raised the blade in front of his face solemnly to salute his opponents, then he whipped the air before taking his duel stance. As the first Kobolds rushed towards him, he swiftly lunged to pierce his adversary with his now burning sword. Suddenly, a burst of flames leaped from the burning Kobold to scorch the second one.

OOC: Bonus Action: Bladesong
Action: GFB: 2d20k1+8 17 2d8+5 18 2d6 11 1d8+3 10
Total: KDS1 29, KDS2 10
Reaction: Shield (if hit 20-24)

Eko: Helps and Flyby
[sblock=Statblock]HP: 54/54 HD: 3/3d8 - 5/5d6
AC: 17 (+3 Bladesong) (+5 Shield) (+2 Haste)
PP: 12
=============
Bladesong: 1/2
Arcane Recovery: 1/1
Spell slots:
1st: 2/4
2nd: 1/3
3rd: 3/3
Concentration: Web
Active Spell: Mage Armor, Disguise Self, Web
=============
Equipment:
Horn of Valhalla: 1/1
Health Potions: 5/5
Antitoxine : 5/5
Coins:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Curse you! Sesto shouts in the trolls native tongue as he almost get knocked of his feet by the sliding troll. Next, Sesto just managed to get his shield in the way of a chunk of ice hurled from the top of the slope but a shower of ice fragments nevertheless graced his face. This is turning nasty quickly, Sesto thought as he gathered his strength and tried to grab the troll to send a surge of negative energy into the troll.
And for good measure, Sesto calls his spectral mace closer and with a strong swing whacks the troll across his fat belly.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lorenn vs Kobolds

Lorenn found, somewhat to his surprise, that the armoured kobolds were indeed worth the effort as, even wounded, they refused to fall. Instead they were amazingly well organised as they thrust their spears at him. He was quickly forced to throw up a magical shield as their spear lunges quickly overwhelmed his ability to parry. Even with the shield up, a lucky sling stone struck him in the leg as some of the other kobolds made their way through the burning webs.

The alchemist continued to work at burning the web away as one of the armoured kobolds broke free of the webs and moved to cover him while he burnt the other free. A kobold sorcerer came out of the side tunnel and watched as Eko distracted Lorenn's opponents. Cleverly spotting that Lorenn would be a difficult target with his shield up, the sorcerer sent a bolt of fire hurtling at the owl familiar and Eko burst into flames.

The other kobolds cautiously approached the tunnel where the battle raged.

GM: Damn that took me a long time. I'll try to get back ASAP to deal with everyone else. Still have [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] to go as well. (I hope you're back, Gene!)
Damage Taken:
(BGs) KDS1 29 (Lorenn's Blade); KDS3 10 (Lorenn's Flame)
(PCs) Lorenn 7, 5 & 7 (KDS1 & KDS3 Spears - Shielded) & 8 (K7 Sling Crit);
(NPCs) Eko 7 (KSorc1 Firebolt)
[sblock=Notes]
KDS1 & KDS3 Spear vs Lorenn
4#2d20k1+3: 4 # 17 [2d20k1=[14], 11] 21 [2d20k1=[18], 1] 22 [2d20k1=[19], 17] 20 [2d20k1=[17], 13]
4#1d6+1: 4 # 7 [1d6=6] 7 [1d6=6] 5 [1d6=4] 7 [1d6=6]
KDS2 & KDS4 Str Check vs Web
2#1d20+1: 2 # 3 [1d20=2] 18 [1d20=17]
K5 & K7 Sling vs Lorenn
2#2d20k1+4: 2 # 20 [2d20k1=[16], 2] 24 [2d20k1=[20], 5]
2#1d4+2: 4 # 6 [1d4=4] 5 [1d4=3] Crit 3 [1d4=3]
KSorc1 Firbolt vs Eko
1d20+4: 21 [1d20=17]
1d10: 7 [1d10=7]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map] IceCaveS3.png
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus moved away from the troll. He wasn't a fighter. He didn't like getting his hands dirty.

Seeing as they'd all probably need a moment to deal with the current threat, Primus once again created a Telekinetic Barrier between the group and the two Trolls at the top of the slope. He wrapped the barrier back on itself, effectively placing two such barriers between them. It would slow them down, at least, though he didn't think he could stop them for long.
OOC: Move out of reach of the Troll. Then Telekinetic Barrier, 3 psi points, midway up the slope. It's 40 ft long, 1 inch thick, and it looks like the passage has room for three people walking abreast, which is about 15 ft, fold the barrier in half so there's technically two of them. They're made up of 10 ft wide sections, so this should work just like before.

The barriers have 10 AC and 10 HP. Again, not the best, but I'm hoping putting them on the slope means the Trolls will not be able to keep their footing while hitting the barrier, making them have to hit it while prone, which (hopefully) will give them disadvantage to hitting the barrier. Otherwise, I'm hoping it will at least take up their actions for the next round, so we can finish off this guy.

Remove ads