D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto pricked up his ears. That deep rumbling noice was a dialect of Giant. Sesto couldn’t understand every word but the meaning was clear. It said: …

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Primus & Mord

As Primus dropped his Psychic Barrier, Mord stepped into Kalorn's Illusion. It wasn't as good as true darkness to mask his presence, but the Kobolds did not see him as he blasted one of them dead and wounded another.

Lorenn

The kobolds scrambled a bit at first, but he did not sound at all like their dragon. Four armoured Kobolds rushed out of the side-tunnel, carrying shields in front of them, while the others held back.

OOC: I'll allow the illusion to have masked Mord initially, just to have what he posted work. Anyone who hasn't posted yet was probably watching and waiting or getting ready for trouble. If you haven't posted at all and you want to take an extra action on your turn, go ahead. The rest of you take your normal turn! Here comes the Combat:

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend

Begin NEW Round One

GM:
[sblock=Party (PCs)]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP * Notes
Primus (K18) PP19 AC11(16) HP 59/59 HD 7/8
Alhana (V20) PP14* AC17 HP 68/68 HD 8/8
Mord (U13) PP11* AC14 HP 51/51 HD 5/8
Lorenn (AS42) PP14* AC17(20)(22) HP 54/54 HD 6/8
Sesto (N18) PP15 AC18* HP 59/59 HD 5/8
Kalorn (V17) PP15 AC16(21)* HP 63/63 HD 8/8
[/sblock]
[sblock=Allies (NPCs)]
Eko (AU43) PP13 AC11 HP 1/1
Loklafd (P17) PP12 AC14 HP 58/58 HD 7/9
Sooty (AT36) PP11** AC12 HP 1/1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies (BGs) North]
Ice Troll1 (C19D20)
Ice Troll2 (B21C22)
Ice Troll3 (C24D25)
KoboldAlchemist1 (O7) HP less 11
KoboldAlchemist2 (AB9)
Kobold1 (P8) HP less 13 (Dead)
Kobold2 (AB8) HP less 6
Kobold3 (AD7)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies (BGs) South]
KoboldSorcerer1 (AI39)
KoboldSorcerer2 (AH41)
KoboldAlchemist3 (AO39)
KoboldDragonshield1 (AR39)
KoboldDragonshield2 (AT39)
KoboldDragonshield3 (AS40)
KoboldDragonshield4 (AU40)
Kobold4 (AI37)
Kobold5 (AK38)
Kobold6 (AG39)
Kobold7 (AL39)
Kobold8 (AP39)
Kobold9 (AK41)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map] IceCaves1.png
[/sblock]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
(OOC: Based on Sooty's position, Kalorn has a rough idea of what's going on and he'll share that to help shape the party's understanding of the situation - we don't know *how many kobolds there are but at least the rest of the party will have a rough idea of what's going on with Lorenn. [MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION]: I'm assuming that Sooty would see Lorenn unless he's invisible/sneaking)

Kalorn's eyed widened, and his old military instincts kicked in. He spoke barked "Sooty saw Loreen to our back, with half a dozen hostile kobolds - he'll slow them down. at least Kalorn hoped so.

We're going to need fire magic vs those trolls! Focus on one at a time, delay the others! Fall back behind me. Sesto to me! Sooty fall back!"

OOC2: I want Sooty to stay a safe distance from the Kobolds but try to keep an eye on things so Kalorn knows what's going on.

Move: P18, as far as he can go in a single move. Doesn't want to be just as the foot of the slope.

Kalorn moved ahead as much as he could, and pointed at the lead troll with his left hand. "That one!" He barked an eldritch word, twice, and smoky bolts of force streaked towards it

Action: Eldritch Blast on lead troll (icetroll 1).
EB 1: [roll0] damage if hits [roll1]
EB 2: [roll2] damage if hits [roll3]

OOC3: *very important*. You don't have to follow Kalorn's plan! I'm not the boss, just roleplaying the character :)

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus switched his focus back to combat and sent a headache to the nearest troll.

OOC: Bonus action: switch focus to psychic assault to add 2 damage to mind thrust.

Attack: mind thrust: DC 16 int save for [roll0] psychic damage.

HP: 59/59
AC: 16 (reaction increases it to 20 if hit + teleport back 20 ft)
PP:35/44

Last edited:

Remove ads